What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If City were to give us Ireland and Barry in exchange for Milner, i'd have a mighty chuckle

**** no I wouldn't want Barry anyway near VP at all, he's **** shite these days.

15 mill plus Ireland would clinch it for me. Oh, throw in Onuoha as well.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently citeh have "hit a brick wall" in reports today and will look elsewhere

i dont know about everyone else but imd elighted, we are hsowing signs that we wont be pushed around. first liverpool, now citeh

Of course there's money to spend, maybe not as much money as before but I'm sure we have money to spend. Maybe £15 million? Which in todays market isn't much.

where is this assumption coming from??

Probably from the same place where you have got your "we are skint" assumption.

"Man City want Milner. But wont pay the 30m villa want. Why we cant just take a cash + Ireland deal and get in with our own transfer deals is beyond me".

Could it be that the cash they are offering and Ireland would not match our value on Milner vivaashleyyoung?

If City were to give us Ireland and Barry in exchange for Milner, i'd have a mighty chuckle

So might they Shillzz. I suspect Barry would be valued at less than £12m now & Ireland's value might be around £8m so that would give them Milner at a cost that is about the one we have already said no to.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see Barry back at Villa, which i recognise might put me in the minority.

But if you take silly money out of the equation, can you seriously say that Milner's worth to a team would be more than the combined value of Ireland and Barry. In my opinion, Milners ability is fairly similar to the 2 players mentioned, so to get them both in exchange for him would represent a good deal.

I accept what youre saying however, but I also think the £30m values being bounded around are wide of the mark. I cant imagine City paying more than £25m for him, if that.

"Man City want Milner. But wont pay the 30m villa want. Why we cant just take a cash + Ireland deal and get in with our own transfer deals is beyond me".

Could it be that the cash they are offering and Ireland would not match our value on Milner vivaashleyyoung?

So might they Shillzz. I suspect Barry would be valued at less than £12m now & Ireland's value might be around £8m so that would give them Milner at a cost that is about the one we have already said no to.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see Barry back at Villa, which i recognise might put me in the minority.

But if you take silly money out of the equation, can you seriously say that Milner's worth to a team would be more than the combined value of Ireland and Barry. In my opinion, Milners ability is fairly similar to the 2 players mentioned, so to get them both in exchange for him would represent a good deal.

I accept what youre saying however, but I also think the £30m values being bounded around are wide of the mark. I cant imagine City paying more than £25m for him, if that.

if think the 30m figure is what people suspect Villa would want to part with him. I dont think anyone is really debating that this is not over priced but they have lots of money, have previously paid well over the odds and we do not want to sell.

The player is worth what we say he's worth. If we accept a bid of £25 Million then he's worth that, if they are willing to pay £30 Million then he's worth that. Don't see what the debate is really, yes we value him ridiculously but Man Citeh have ridiculous money and we should squeeze as much juice out of the lemon as we can get.

Would be happy to keep Milner if he signs a new 4-year deal, if not then he can leave if the bid is right. Just needs clarifying now though, staying or going, we need to focus on adding to the squad and until we know what we have to deal with and to replace then we can't really actively go out.

^^^^^^

Agree completely. We don't want to/don't have to sell. He was our POTS last year and is under contract. He is also English which is both a big attraction given the imminent UEFA ruling on English players in a squad but also probably quite valuable from a marketing perspective. If we want £30m then that's what they'll have to pay if they want him. If not let them move on and we keep the best young English ACM at the minute.

unless he signs a new contract (which i doubt he will), then he won't be worth anywhere near £30m at the end of the season.

We'd get Barry-esque money at best. £12m ish at a push. Is Randy OK with that?

We shall see in the next few days ....

unless he signs a new contract (which i doubt he will), then he won't be worth anywhere near £30m at the end of the season.

We'd get Barry-esque money at best. £12m ish at a push. Is Randy OK with that?

We shall see in the next few days ....

I agree Jon.

Unless he signs a new contract we're still getting shafted whatever way.

I would only be happy for him to stay if he comes out and says he's happy with us and signs another contract, otherwise **** him off now for as much as we can get.

If he doesn't want to play for us now, then he won't next season either so what's the point in keeping him? He's not that good a player anyway!

Ashley Young has the same length of contract.

And Ashley has said he wants to stay and sign a new contract, we should reward that kind of loyality?

Personally I don't call that loyalty.

If he had other options on the table ala Milner and said he wanted to stay and was happy to sign a longer deal. That would be loyalty and I'd be happy to reward it.

I don't though call it loyalty when no other offer exists, I'd call it taking advantage of the situation and fancying a pay rise personally. Especially as contracts mean nothing these days other than having an influence on the transfer fee.

People used to say Barry was loyal, he wasn't loyal. He did a job for us and then at the first sniff of a better opertunity came along with Liverpool he turned his back on us in seconds, no loyalty at all.

If Young wants to extend his contract, great. I see that as protecting our interests and if that takes giving him a bit of a pay rise so be it but I won't kid myself its about loyalty.

As for Milner, well all we have to go on is hearsay and rumour but it sounds like his head was turned just like Barry, it remains to be seen if he follows him to Man City.

If he doesn't we need him to sign a new contract, not to show loyalty but simply to protect our interests because if not his price will drop with every month.

There is though in my view at least, no such thing as loyalty in football these days.

Ashley Young has the same length of contract.

And Ashley has said he wants to stay and sign a new contract, we should reward that kind of loyality?

Personally I don't call that loyalty.

If he had other options on the table ala Milner and said he wanted to stay and was happy to sign a longer deal. That would be loyalty and I'd be happy to reward it.

I don't though call it loyalty when no other offer exists, I'd call it taking advantage of the situation and fancying a pay rise personally. Especially as contracts mean nothing these days other than having an influence on the transfer fee.

People used to say Barry was loyal, he wasn't loyal. He did a job for us and then at the first sniff of a better opertunity came along with Liverpool he turned his back on us in seconds, no loyalty at all.

If Young wants to extend his contract, great. I see that as protecting our interests and if that takes giving him a bit of a pay rise so be it but I won't kid myself its about loyalty.

As for Milner, well all we have to go on is hearsay and rumour but it sounds like his head was turned just like Barry, it remains to be seen if he follows him to Man City.

If he doesn't we need him to sign a new contract, not to show loyalty but simply to protect our interests because if not his price will drop with every month.

There is though in my view at least, no such thing as loyalty in football these days.

totally agree, no loyalty in football from players or clubs. If a player gets a better offer he goes, if a club gets a good offer for a player he goes.

Though I agree that loyalty is rare in football. It's true that Ash signing a new contract would reduce the chance of someone putting an offer in for him.

If Milner had signed an extension before the season ended then I doubt Man City would have made an offer. Yes, they have the money to spend what ever they want, but they seem reluctant to offer more than £20m for Milner and if he'd signed an extension then his value would be higher and they'd probably move onto a different target.