• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know im a Villa fan and everything but the midfield Man City has Milner is just gunna get lost within it, he will continue to be a midfield leader at Villa, and its the sort of club where HE will be the midfield to push him into a captain of England role in the center of midfield for England, at Man City he's gunna just become another player, like whats happened to Ireland, SWP

Really if he IS going to move and its to move to a bigger club it should be to Man Utd next year to fill in the void Giggs and Scholes will leave and also Carrick is falling to step up and Hargreaves injured all the time, that would be a move I could understand

I know im a Villa fan and everything but the midfield Man City has Milner is just gunna get lost within it, he will continue to be a midfield leader at Villa, and its the sort of club where HE will be the midfield to push him into a captain of England role in the center of midfield for England, at Man City he's gunna just become another player, like whats happened to Ireland, SWP

Really if he IS going to move and its to move to a bigger club it should be to Man Utd next year to fill in the void Giggs and Scholes will leave and also Carrick is falling to step up and Hargreaves injured all the time, that would be a move I could understand

That would be the sensible option but money talks.

£1?

sold! :P

he can come round and clean my house.

Realistically though I think that's it. With the versatility we already have and the potential coming through perhaps we should have took the £20M and ran?

Saw a report in the Sun today stating that Citeh are now after Ramires in a 30m deal after the Milner deal had stalled. Good news if true. Does make me laugh how a member of the Brazil squad, and a pretty poor one at that IMO, is suddenly worth 30m just because hes played for Brazil?!

Milner is twice the player he is.

Saw a report in the Sun today stating that Citeh are now after Ramires in a 30m deal after the Milner deal had stalled. Good news if true. Does make me laugh how a member of the Brazil squad, and a pretty poor one at that IMO, is suddenly worth 30m just because hes played for Brazil?!

Probably not a single quote though........pinch of salt.

I think he'll stay, a feeling in my bones.

I think that if he was going to go he would have said so by now.

But at the same time if he were to stay you'd think he would have said by now...

I really am not sure.

I hope he stays, losing your best player is never good for a club in our position as i do believe we can sell off a load of our deadwood and still improve the squad without the Milner money. Saw Man City are interested in Landon Donavon (sp) too? Doesnt he play the same position as Milner?

Mancini has said that he'll rotate his squad this season, so buying Milner can't be ruled out. That said, I would have thought they could buy a lot better with the money they have?

Milner returns on Monday for pre-season. Villa try to keep things quiet so I can't see Milner saying anything unless he really wants out after talking face to face with MON.

Completely agree.

click me

Milner refusing to sign new Villa contract after missing out on City move

James Milner is refusing to sign a new deal at Aston Villa this year after being priced out of a move to Man City.

England midfielder Milner, 24, is set to return to pre-season training at Villa on Monday.

And he fears his dream of a summer move to Eastlands is over after Villa refused to budge from their £30million price tag.

City had a bid of £18m plus £2m in add-ons for Milner, who has 11 caps, rejected in May.

City officials were prepared to go to £25m but Villa are steadfastly refusing to drop their valuation.

Villa are also insisting on a straight cash deal despite City’s willingness to include fringe players like Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha.

Now Milner expects to spend the forthcoming campaign at Villa, where he has two years left on a £45,000-a-week deal.

Villa are keen for Milner to extend his contract as he will only have 12 months left this time next summer.

But the ace is no rush to commit his long-term future to Villa and has told them he won’t be sitting down to talk terms in 2010.

Villa were willing to make Milner their highest-paid player on a new contract eclipsing Ashley Young’s salary of £65,000-a-week.

But no contract talks are scheduled with the player, who just wants to concentrate on performing well again this season after a brilliant club campaign.

The deadlock in negotiations with City has surprised Villa who had budgeted on spending the cash from Milner’s sale on Spurs striker Robbie Keane and Celtic winger Aiden McGeady.

Interest in Milner - signed from Newcastle in August 2008 for £12m - from Manchester United and Chelsea has also cooled due to his astronomical price.

Villa, who must sell to buy, are now stepping up their efforts to offload squad men like Steve Sidwell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Nicky Shorey, Luke Young and Curtis Davies.

But Sidwell, Reo-Coker and Shorey only have 12 months left on their contracts and will not command much as they are free agents next summer.

Fulham remain favourites for Sidwell after Mirrorsport revealed on June 17 the Cottagers had bid for the midfielder.

Slightly Off-topic but Ramires is not poor and is a very good player and if Milner is worth 30 million why isnt Ramires. He has been coveted by top European clubs for a while and if he wasnt suspended he would have played vs Holland ahead of Felpe Melo and Brazil would have won

12 months is a long time in football and who knows what the situation will be. Milner would have to know that this time next year Man City's interest is likely to be elsewhere and his ship will have sailed. So if he is so desperate to go to city that he refuses to sign a new contract with us then surely he will put in a transfer request to try and get it done.

This 'no money' business has me worried now - surely if it were untrue we would have seen at least a little bit of action. Surely the best way to show City we are not desperate enough to cave is to go on with other business - stuff that doesn't hinge on Milner.