• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he will stay if we show him we are prepared to spend big on building up the team

You mean outspend ManC? Fantastic idea! It's not like we haven't spent already, we paid a decent enough amount for him in the first place. We cannot match the cash ManC is willing to offer him in signing on fees, salary or overall transfer budget. No hope. We have enough money to say "pay up or **** off" though. Which is what we're doing.

i think he will stay if we show him we are prepared to spend big on building up the team

So hes not staying then?

i hope so but the 25mil could be put to good use its a win win situation

Cant do ought really with £25million. IMO We need to spend at least £100million to have any chance of getting in the top 4 this season without relying on a huge amount of luck and 'force the issue' football.

You mean outspend ManC? Fantastic idea! It's not like we haven't spent already, we paid a decent enough amount for him in the first place. We cannot match the cash ManC is willing to offer him in signing on fees, salary or overall transfer budget. No hope. We have enough money to say "pay up or **** off" though. Which is what we're doing.

no team can outspend man city but at least show were gonna try and replace some of the deadwood with players who can play a part during the season and move the club forward

no team can outspend man city but at least show were gonna try and replace some of the deadwood with players who can play a part during the season and move the club forward

Yes, but wouldn't you think that the massive spending and unlimited resources ManC is throwing around isn't the lest bit tempting to Milner? I think we all know that we're going to bring in players and spend a bit. They will all have a part to play in some reason, but Milner will always find ManC to be the the more interesting side in that regard.

Yes, but wouldn't you think that the massive spending and unlimited resources ManC is throwing around isn't the lest bit tempting to Milner? I think we all know that we're going to bring in players and spend a bit. They will all have a part to play in some reason, but Milner will always find ManC to be the the more interesting side in that regard.

u got a good point but man city spent loads last season and just scraped finishing higher than us and he might go from being a player who plays every game to possible bit part player

i dont understand how people think oh hes not £25mill its stupid. hes our player, its as if we should sell him on the cheap.. if we ask for 40million its up to us hes our player, if they dont like it the can do one. i dont care how much hes worth how much silva villa henry etc went for, we can ask as much as we want, hes under contract if he doesnt like it tough. if man city dont like it.. again tough titty really

Yep.

Silva went for £25mill because Valencia need money to balance the books.

We don't, we can put a stupid price on him and if City don't want to pay it that's their problem, if they do pay it we get a stupid amount of money.

Win win.

We are not going to sell for less because some people on the internet are board with it...

This is starting to seem like a case where maybe MON really doesnt even want to sell, but just may have to, and might be forced to do so by the board. The article i just read indicates that. At the end of the day it's MON's fault for spunking good money on crap and giving them huge wages. Sorry lads, but i'm almost 100 percent certain that a better manager could have gotten better out of Aston Villa than MON has. Especially considering the fact that when we first got taken over we were in a prime position and not many clubs were as rich. Effing shame. :(

Yep.

Silva went for £25mill because Valencia need money to balance the books.

We don't, we can put a stupid price on him and if City don't want to pay it that's their problem, if they do pay it we get a stupid amount of money.

Win win.

We are not going to sell for less because some people on the internet are board with it...

because Valencia need money to balance the books.

We don't

have you seen how much debt we are in? I think the 25M+ from the sale of Milner would come in very handy at this point in time as it would probably mean no additional spending this summer other than the receipt of that fee.

The debt we're in, as far as I can tell, is primarily in the form of loan notes to the Lerner Trust. There is an approx £8m bank overdraft on top of that.

The debt is very very manageable and not as pressing as, for example, the debt faced by Liverpool, Man Utd and Portsmouth.

Villa should have made Milner delay his holiday and let us know where we stand regarding his contract or Man City. 45,000 a week should buy you a certain amount of common courtesy. Would be be annoying to find out that everything was up in the air because he wanted his holiday.

because Valencia need money to balance the books.

We don't

have you seen how much debt we are in? I think the 25M+ from the sale of Milner would come in very handy at this point in time as it would probably mean no additional spending this summer other than the receipt of that fee.

I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of debt we're in, the General has pretty much said we should expect to have a certain amount of debt until we achieve our goals ie CL football and more success in the league.

Villa should have made Milner delay his holiday and let us know where we stand regarding his contract or Man City. 45,000 a week should buy you a certain amount of common courtesy. Would be be annoying to find out that everything was up in the air because he wanted his holiday.

alternatively if we want him to stay and havent accepted a big from City why make him miss his holiday. To my knowledge Milner hasnt handed in a transfer request or stated he doesnt want to be at villa.

alternatively if we want him to stay and havent accepted a big from City why make him miss his holiday. To my knowledge Milner hasnt handed in a transfer request or stated he doesnt want to be at villa.

Or stated he wants to stay at Villa either.

People wind themselves up on here, we all do it...checking the forum every hour or so just to find that shock horror, there's been no news.

If everyone just chilled the fook out for a while we'd all be happier.

Players will come players will leave.