468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

....what a joke

can't wait for him to go, another steve hodge.

money in the bank.

Why ? What's he said?

He hasn't said anything.....I just don't rate him in the same class as most Villa Fans

gotta aggree... im not his biggest fan - i think the term "vastly overrated" was invented for Milner....... and his square jaw

I see the backlash has well and truly started.

Pretty pathetic in my opinion. Very good player, of course I won't like him if he leaves but he hasn't left yet and the fact he's probably going to leave suddenly doesn't make him over-rated.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree! I also follow the NBA (the Lakers of Los Angeles as my home team) and this type of nonsense of talking about some other teams player is called TAMPERING!!! And is strictly not allowed. Huge fines are doled out on any club representative as well as individual players who talk about securing another team's player if that player is still under contract somewhere else. It's all very disrepectful and harmful to the team who is being pirated.

Didn't stop Lebron James ;).

Good to that a lot of posters are now trying to convince themselves that Milner is not really that good so if goes it won't be a big loss.

Just for the record I think that for this club to be up there competing we should be keeping and developing players like Milner otherwise we we always be seen as a stepping to stone to bigger things or a step down towards the end of a career. Easy to say but very hard to deliver in practice.

If Milner does want to go and if the club agree to sell him we should screw every last pound out of Man City. Take it all in cash and then decide if they have any players that might interest us.

As an aside I have mused on what I would think if Villa were the club that were owned by a bunch of Arabs with more money than sense who are intent on buying there way to success. I guess I would love it in the short term but in the long term you end up tearing the soul out of the club.

I don't think there is a deal to make, I think City are looking elsewhere and doing other deals. They may come back for Milner they may not but at the moment I think the position is nothing has happened since we rejected their bid. Since then they have signed Silva and are supposed to be working on a deal for Arteta so I think the Milner move may be dead for the moment.

David Silva, World Cup winner £24m. James Milner,World Cup flop. what? £25m? Make the deal and move on. I'm bored now, get on with it.

Reina was also a World Cup winner and he didn't play a single minute. It's a title that flatters to deceive.

David Silva, World Cup winner £24m. James Milner,World Cup flop. what? £25m? Make the deal and move on. I'm bored now, get on with it.

Reina was also a World Cup winner and he didn't play a single minute. It's a title that flatters to deceive.

Similarly, Rooney is a "world cup flop" yet Arbeloa is a "world cup winner".

I'd wager Rooney would attract a far higher fee, deservedly so.

Not saying Silva is or isn't worth more than Milner, but comparing them because one of them was in a world cup winning squad doesn't make much sense.

Frank Ribery was a world cup flop, but he's still worth more than David Silva.

If I was talking about Wayne Rooney, I'd have mentioned him? We are talking about James Milner, hence the title of the thread. My point, David Silva is a world cup winner who signed for 24mill for Manchester City. Talk of others isn't relevant to this thread. What I'm asking you to do do it to put some perspective into the situation. 25mill for Milner is way, way over the top. If we can get it, then snatch their hands off!!

City hold a lot of the cards here. The longer this drags out through the summer the shorter time it gives us to line up a replacement. The question is as time goes on do we get twitchy and settle for a bit less, or do we hold out for all we can get even if it goes down to the wire. Seems strange to be interested in a sport where fan loyalty exceeds player loyalty now. Maybe I need to wise up a bit. Can't we just go back to the 80's. Anyway would it be wise to do a deal for 24 million soon or wait and get closer to the deadline and get say 5 million more. Dunno.

It's not way, way over the top - he was our best player last season and did incredibly well. If we weren't getting a figure like that then it would be a joke. By way of comparison, Milner got 7 goals and 12 assists in the league last year and Silva got 8 goals and 9 assists (playing a few less games, it should be noted) but regardless, these are very comparable figures and their values should be similar.

I agree with SO, its not as bad as the difference in prices between arbeloa and johnson but when you look at citys squad for next season and say only tevez cost more (assuming we get 30) its not quite right is it?

Not that its bad for us

It's not way, way over the top - he was our best player last season and did incredibly well. If we weren't getting a figure like that then it would be a joke. By way of comparison, Milner got 7 goals and 12 assists in the league last year and Silva got 8 goals and 9 assists (playing a few less games, it should be noted) but regardless, these are very comparable figures and their values should be similar.

An arguable point. Would you say though that, because Manchester City's billions are involved, the price has been hiked? If we were talking about a club with lesser money, we wouldn't be interested in selling?

Plus Milner is English and the UEFA rules mean that good English players will go at a premium.
come again,UEFA decide?.i dont really get it tbh,imo Silva is a better than Milner but yet we are asking for 30m.

There is a house 2 doors away that has been sold for 160,000. Someone knocks on my door and says Ill give you 140,000 for your house. I dont want to sell but might if the price is right. I would want more than 160,000 as they have come to me. I havent put it on the market. I might sell at 190,00 if they offered.

Samm applies to Milner and Villa.

Plus Milner is English and the UEFA rules mean that good English players will go at a premium.
come again,UEFA decide?.i dont really get it tbh,imo Silva is a better than Milner but yet we are asking for 30m.

Valencia are a team in massive debt although 25 mill is probably right for Silva. We can ask for 30 mill or whatever we want becuase we are not in debt and he is OUR player. Man City don't have devine right to any player they want, sometimes principle is more important than the money and until Milner comes out and says he wants to go then we shouldn't sell.

Personally I think it's a done deal, just the sounds coming from Villa, they are resigned.

It's dragged on so long (feels like it anyway) I hope it's decided either way. He would be a loss but players have come and gone before him.