What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If any of that is true, it's as good as a transfer request. He'll know we can't take the chance and both us and City will know we'll have to negotiate on their terms.

I'm not sure any of it is; it sounds very much like agent talk to me, but it's a worrying situation.

Best scenario, new five year deal for Milner at Villa, second best £30m from City, third best £20m from City, worst case - Milner stays and doesn't sign a new contract.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems he might want away after all and is prepared to threaten to wind down his contract being aware of what that would do to his fee to make it happen. If that is not the case holiday or not he will be aware of this story and will have the opportunity to correct it. He seems to have taken a leaf out of Barry's book but if he looks at what the move has done for Barry's football rather than for his bank balance he might just want to think again. But, it is all about money is it not? What we might pay him would be far less than Citeh would have offered him should someone have bumped into him on his vacation and mentioned a figure. I hope James proves me wrong as I had hoped Barry would a couple of years ago and shows that money is not the only consideration for every player today. But, as I have said before I would put a contract offer before him and give him a week to make his decision. But, it seems he or his agent on his behalf does not want a week to make a decision. If and when the move does happen the reason will be the squad that they are building and their hopes for the Champions League. I anticipate that loyalty to the club that made him an England player and the extra wages he will earn on making the move will not get a mention.

Best scenario, new five year deal for Milner at Villa, second best £30m from City, third best £20m from City, worst case - Milner stays and doesn't sign a new contract.

What if Milly stays, doesn't sign a new contract, but Villa buy a decent striker, have a cracking season and qualify for the CL?

Milly would surely reassess the contract situ at Villa then?

This is very much like Barry revisited.

Well my understanding is that article is pretty much bang on the money and is pretty much what I've been posting in this thread for a while.

yep, seems a straightforward situation now.

Shame on you Milly (from a Villa POV).

We didn't think you were this kind of person. Now we seemingly know better.

But MON is a stubborn dude who will play hardball. We'll either get a good fee, or he'll stay but not sign.

f**k it, if he wants to leave let him leave he won't perform anyway if his heart isnt set on it, barry left and now milner will leave for the same club..I really hope man city go bankrupt or they are real shit this season, then when barry and milner look at MON.. I hope he turns his back on them both.

What if Milly stays, doesn't sign a new contract, but Villa buy a decent striker, have a cracking season and qualify for the CL?

Milly would surely reassess the contract situ at Villa then?

This is very much like Barry revisited.

What does it matter really? If we qualify for the CL (against all odds) City can still offer him tripple the wages if not more even if the (against all odds) miss out on CL. And to be honest, if they don't get into the CL next year they have failed on an epic scale. Only thing is it won't matter much as they have so much money nothing in the financial area matters much at all.

City can still offer him tripple the wages if not more even if the (against all odds) miss out on CL.

Depends whetheer he is moving for money or (football) ambition, surely?

At the moment, it is probably both.

Were we to outdo Citeh next season in the league (unlikely but not impossible WITH Milly) then surely one of those reasons for leaving would have vanished ....

City can still offer him tripple the wages if not more even if the (against all odds) miss out on CL.

Were we to outdo Citeh next season in the league (unlikely but not impossible WITH Milly) then surely one of those reasons for leaving would have vanished ....

Don't think it would change anything personally.

Then it would just be about winning things rather than getting CL football and even if we out performed them next season (I doubt it) then with their resources they are going to be pushing for titles we aren't.

True, but I think that City is offering wages and incentives on a level that makes the footballing ambitions much less important. Making that sort of money is something you only get once in a lifetime and with a bit of shrewdness it will set you up for life. Milner obviously wants a piece of that no matter what. I'm quite certain that he will go now.

Don't think it would change anything personally.

Then it would just be about winning things rather than getting CL football and even if we out performed them next season (I doubt it) then with their resources they are going to be pushing for titles we aren't.

very pessy that Ash mate!

FWIW, were we to finish top 4 this season, I could easily see Milly both staying and re-signing, as we could offer him good money, and prospects of a title push and CL football. He'd have little reason then to leave, other than (even more) money.

But i don't see us achieving top 4, so it's a moot point. :(:lol:

I'm quite certain that he will go now.

i'm very certain he wants to go now.

I'm also fairly sure MON will not be pushed around on this, and we may see him back in a Villa shirt this season, but with no new contract.

Interesting times for Milly then .......

It is almost exactly Barry revisited, and it's quite sad for us Villa fans.

very pessy that Ash mate!

FWIW, were we to finish top 4 this season, I could easily see Milly both staying and re-signing, as we could offer him good money, and prospects of a title push and CL football. He'd have little reason then to leave, other than (even more) money.

But i don't see us achieving top 4, so it's a moot point. :(:lol:

Guilty as charged it is but I have no faith in footballers and no belief in loyalty in the game any more.

We won't get top 4 this season I'd be happy to wager that so as you say its a moot point. Even if we did we would still be miles away from trying to win league titles or the CL which is what City are going to be aiming for.

IF that article is true and he is just going to officially use us as nothing but a shop window next season* then I want him to go now.

* I know clubs are usually a shop window, but if a player wants to leave then that's a different kettle of ball games.

i'm very certain he wants to go now.

I'm also fairly sure MON will not be pushed around on this, and we may see him back in a Villa shirt this season, but with no new contract.

Interesting times for Milly then .......

It is almost exactly Barry revisited, and it's quite sad for us Villa fans.

I think its very obvious he wants to go, his silence says it all as does the fact any talk of a new contract hasn't been heard since before the World Cup.

He wants off and like with Barry we will stand our ground and he will probably end up playing for us next season.

As for O'Neill not being pushed around, no I'm sure he won't but ultimately it might not mean we get a better deal for him.

Very depressing really.