What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I think a player like Ireland is essential. Will prove our change of style to a more passing nature than directness and counter attacking.

Him and Flamini for mid, Keane as ST, Richards in Def. That would be a net spend of about 20 which is what I think we will be willing to spend this window. But most importantly we would have a bloody good squad with those signings!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ireland is so overated on here.

i hope to god we dont sign him if milner goes.

He's quite over-rated on the Man City boards too where they've seen an awful lot of him.

why does everyone assume now milners stayng there will be zero money? yes it may be less but we sure will be damn better with milner than without. his workrate is absolutely extraidonary, we rely heavily on him.

if we can flog off sidders, shorey, heskey,ozzy and possibly nrc and get about 10-12m fo them lot and put that along with the 3.5m we ripped teh blosers off with taht alone gives us about 15m to play around with and that doesnt include the sponsership money

Has Milner come out an said he is staying put? Have we heard anything official regarding this matter from the our club, Citeh or his representatives?

Bloody good news if it's true. Because we need to improve, instead of selling our best players.

Has Milner come out an said he is staying put?

No, but considering all the rumours in the media, his silence is deafening. Players who are going nowhere tend to say they're going nowhere. Players who are open to the possibility tend to shut their gob and see what happens.

so it's more likely he will be leaving, right? My thoughts exactly, then why do some seem certain he is staying? This entire matter is very confusing and irritating. Preferably the club would come out with a genuine statement regarding the situation, so we could finally move on.

Has Milner come out an said he is staying put?

No, but considering all the rumours in the media, his silence is deafening. Players who are going nowhere tend to say they're going nowhere. Players who are open to the possibility tend to shut their gob and see what happens.

Or possibly he's on holiday and won't think about his future until he returns.

You've got to hand it to Man City, they are playing this very well.

Last season they looked at a rival, Everton, who has a manager who likes to leave things late in the transfer market, and wanted to take one of their better players, Lescott. They unsettled the player, battled for him, got the player interested with the threat of him leaving for nothing at the end of his contract and eventually signed him towards the end of the window for a sum of money that was large, but not as large as had been mentioned. Everton, who didn't have much money to spend suddenly had some, and had to spend it fast. So they pissed it up the wall on that Bily fellow, who failed to really show he was worth that kind of money imo.

This year, they've looked at us, who has a manager who likes to leave things late in the transfer market, and want to take one of our better players, Milner. They've unsettled him, got the player interested with the threat of him leaving for nothing at the end of his contract, or much less a year later as what happened with Barry.

Now they've looked at Vill

so it's more likely he will be leaving, right? My thoughts exactly, then why do some seem certain he is staying? This entire matter is very confusing and irritating. Preferably the club would come out with a genuine statement regarding the situation, so we could finally move on.

Possibly because it's been dragged out for ages and Man City could back out.

Man City are used to getting who they want.

If it goes on much longer they might just change their mind and go for someone else, leaving an unsettled Milner here. They get a new player and they've disrupted one of their rivals.

Possibly because it's been dragged out for ages and Man City could back out.

Man City are used to getting who they want.

If it goes on much longer they might just change their mind and go for someone else, leaving an unsettled Milner here. They get a new player and they've disrupted one of their rivals.

This might be true. But somehow i think (hope) it wont affect Milner in the same way as it affected Barry. At the end of the day i'd like to think Milner will realize he has it pretty good at Villa, he'll get to play plenty of football and in a position best suited for him. And if our team spirit is as good as most players say, one would think he would be firing on all cylinders, come the start of the season.

vreitti, that would be good...

Until next summer when there could be more offers for him and we would either get something like £15m for him - or keep him again... for him to eventually get sold for a kitkat and a curlywurly or released on a free.

Surely if he where to stay now, they'd 'make' him sign a long term contract. Anything else would be just plain stupid from the clubs point of view.

Hmm, that depends. If his heart is set on a move away (hypothetically), then he would surely sit it out. He's under no obligation to sign anything and while the club can try, they can't force him.

FWIW... I think he fancies the Citeh move and for the right money Villa are ready to sell him. However, if the Mancs wont cough up what we want then he'll be staying and give 100% - hopefully on an improved contract. AVFC have probably told him to keep schtum and see how thinks play out and given what happened when Barry gobbed off and failed to force a move then it's best for Milner to just keep quiet at the moment.

I'm sure he'll go but it will be on our terms, so as ever with Villa the watchword is patience. Personally I trust MON to make sure we finish the window stronger than we started it, just like we have every summer since he took over.