• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he played well today, we'll get more filthy lucre for him. I actually really really want him to be sold, we'll never get another chance to get 30mil+ for him.

30mil is **** madness. We'd get 3 quality first team players for that. We need to be happy if he's sold for such a sum.

If I was Milner. I'd seriously look at my opportunities at Man City. A Central midfield that already has Barry, De Jong, Vierra and probably Yaya Toure. Wide SWP, Johnson, Bellamy and probably Robinho. Plus whoever scores the winning goal in the WC Final. Could be a similar situation to SWP move to Chelsea.

Glad he played well today, we'll get more filthy lucre for him. I actually really really want him to be sold, we'll never get another chance to get 30mil+ for him.

30mil is **** madness. We'd get 3 quality first team players for that. We need to be happy if he's sold for such a sum.

That makes sense but on the other hand we would be selling our best player after him putting in 1 really good season. We need to put up a big fight to keep our best players, if we don't we send out a terrible message to the fans, investors and other clubs.

Oh put up a big fight but if we are offered over 30mil we'll have to take it if finances are indeed limited this summer. This is a deal we need. It's a tough decision, but we need to not lose the plot if he is sold for an obscene sum.

Oh put up a big fight but if we are offered over 30mil we'll have to take it if finances are indeed limited this summer. This is a deal we need. It's a tough decision, but we need to not lose the plot if he is sold for an obscene sum.

Fair enough, you want to sell him on our terms. If Milner said tomorrow that wants to stay with us there would be no discussion, we keep him and all is well. However if he decides he wants to leave we must get truck load of cash for him!

I think one of the 2 above will happen. I would be really happy with the first one and content with the second.

a classic dilemma. change my mind about it on a daily basis. guess it rests on whether we trust MON to invest the potential money made from a milner deal wisely.
Given that MON is the man who had the foresight to buy Milner in the first place, I can't really see what this problem of "trust" is.

Fair enough, you want to sell him on our terms. If Milner said tomorrow that wants to stay with us there would be no discussion, we keep him and all is well. However if he decides he wants to leave we must get truck load of cash for him!

I think one of the 2 above will happen. I would be really happy with the first one and content with the second.

I just think players have one window of over priced transfer frenzy in them. Look at prices banded about for Ribery last summer, or hell Henry was about to go for 50mil to Barca and went for less than 20mil the following year. Berbatov was sold at the right time by Spurs for an amazing price and look what they have done. Then there's Ibrahimovic etc...

My point is if Milner wants to stay for good then great, but if he's going to give us one more year and then leave if we fail to get champions league, then we need to cash in now while his stock is mega high. Y

You see what I mean? No point hanging on for another year if we get 8-10mil less then. It's not worth it. It's either sign a new contract and commit for another 3 years or go now. Barry stayed for one more year and it wasn't really worth it. That's my view.

I just think players have one window of over priced transfer frenzy in them. Look at prices banded about for Ribery last summer, or hell Henry was about to go for 50mil to Barca and went for less than 20mil the following year. Berbatov was sold at the right time by Spurs for an amazing price and look what they have done. Then there's Ibrahimovic etc...

My point is if Milner wants to stay for good then great, but if he's going to give us one more year and then leave if we fail to get champions league, then we need to cash in now while his stock is mega high. Y

You see what I mean? No point hanging on for another year if we get 8-10mil less then. It's not worth it. It's either sign a new contract and commit for another 3 years or go now. Barry stayed for one more year and it wasn't really worth it. That's my view.

agree with that.

I'd still think we can improve with £30m plus for Milner.

Your talking at least 2 quality players there. Milners good, but i'm not convinced he's THAT good. I mean, David Villa went for £34m to Barca and i wouldn't put Milner in that bracket. I'm not sure how long Villa had left on his but...

30m is definitely a ridiculous amount of dosh. I know Citeh are changing the face of the transfer market in today's game but just think about it - who could have ever even imagined we would be talking these kinds of sums for James Milner? When Robinho and Berbatov moved for around the same amount of cash it was mind-boggling.

Jimmy's top class but we do have to be realistic about these things. For 30m we'd be crazy not to accept.