• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He believes Milner needs to show more respect to Villa, who gave him his big break when he was still a ­bit-part player at Newcastle.

“If I was James Milner I would stay at the Villa and show some loyalty,” Morley added. “He was saying he was happy at the club only a few months ago.

“He has had a great ­season, got in the England squad and now all of a ­sudden it seems like he wants to leave because Manchester City have come in.

“It is Villa who has put him on the platform he is on now. What has ­happened to loyalty?”

He raises an excellent point.

He believes Milner needs to show more respect to Villa, who gave him his big break when he was still a ­bit-part player at Newcastle.

“If I was James Milner I would stay at the Villa and show some loyalty,” Morley added. “He was saying he was happy at the club only a few months ago.

“He has had a great ­season, got in the England squad and now all of a ­sudden it seems like he wants to leave because Manchester City have come in.

“It is Villa who has put him on the platform he is on now. What has ­happened to loyalty?”

He raises an excellent point.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

To be fair he has had a stomach bug and lost a few pounds. I had one a couple of months ago and was the same. I couldn't have played 5 days after it knocked me around so much so I expect Milner was struggling in a WC match. Poor decision from Capello IMO.

You only had to take one look at Milner to see he was no where near right last night, he shouldn't have been on the pitch. I've got no doubt Milner could do ok on the left for England when fit.

He obviously wants to go otherwise he would have said he was happy here before he left for the wrld cup. Doyle has had loads os sepculation but has made it clear he would be more than happy to stay at Wolves next year. Milner didnt even go that far. Im suprised i thought he would be different but it seems the lure of the money is too much for even the managers dream player.

Exactly.

It dissappears just like the MGM cartoon characters with $$$ in their large rolling eyes.

I know a footballers life is short but after a certain level of earnings with the amount of tax that has to be paid ...do these people feel any happier?

Certainly doesn't seem to bring them more contentment in their private lives..eg Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard et al... This insane wealth appears to come at a huge cost!

So just under 2/3rds of the forum would sell him. 1/3rd would keep him. Interesting.

I get the feeling after Barry finally being sold to Man City this time last summer & the fact that we still managed to move on a notch last season...fans have become a little more hardened to the fact that if they want to go for mega bucks ...then just let them!

So just under 2/3rds of the forum would sell him. 1/3rd would keep him. Interesting.

I don't think one can really draw the conclusion from the poll results. I think you'd find most people's opinions to be a bit more nuanced than the choices of the poll allow. For instance, if he's happy to stay and sign a new contract, I wouldn't sell him for any amount, but I suppose the only person to know that for sure at this point is Milner himself. On the other hand, if he pulled a Barry and made it very clear that he wanted to go, I would sell him to anyone who came in with an offer of at least 30 million pounds (which is why I voted for "30 million to anyone." We have to be pragmatic about it, and if we have a player whose head has been turned and the choice is either to sell him now for 30 million or next summer for 15, we've got to sell now.

I think Milner doesn't actively want to pursue a transfer, but if a bigger club who matches his ambitions comes in, say Chelsea or Man U, he might consider.

Heck , arguably, maybe even Man City, if they tell him that they are planning to splash big bucks of Messi or some other marquee player.

I personally think that Mancini asked Capello to play an unfit Milner, in an unusual position as well, so that he could sub him and make him look like he isn't worth the money Villa are asking for. Those Italian folk are crafty like that you know.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but you all know it's true! :lol:

I'm still pretty unbothered.

If he goes we get an arseload more than he's realistically worth and can reinvest in the side. If he doesn't, we keep a good player.

I think he's more likely to leave than not but I just really care. I think he's a good player, had a fantastic season, I'd rather he stayed than not, but he's not a £30m player and thats the territory he'll go for. 3 £10m players could revolutionise this side.