What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I don't reckon we'll keep Milner this summer if he doesn't sign a contract extension (and I'd be happy with the decision to sell if he didn't want to sign an extension).

I can't see us missing out on an opportunity to cash in this summer if it means that we could lose Milner for half the price next year.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he will go to Man City, more chance of Man Utd IMO
I think rednose has to find a replacement for scholes this year, and Jimmy helps to plugging this gap - not the same sort of player as scholes, for instance he can tackle, but part of the way there.

Pity their skint then, they wont be buying any £20m player, let alone £30m+ one, imo.

Or, they buy Milner next season when he only has one year left on his contract, and Scholes officially retires. Would be good business from their viewpoint.

manure will shift a few players this summer, they will easily be able to afford 30m.

I don't think he will go to Man City, more chance of Man Utd IMO
I think rednose has to find a replacement for scholes this year, and Jimmy helps to plugging this gap - not the same sort of player as scholes, for instance he can tackle, but part of the way there.

Pity their skint then, they wont be buying any £20m player, let alone £30m+ one, imo.

Or, they buy Milner next season when he only has one year left on his contract, and Scholes officially retires. Would be good business from their viewpoint.

manure will shift a few players this summer, they will easily be able to afford 30m.

Who are they going to shift that will raise enough money (£30m) without having to replace them, a first team player?

Who are they going to shift that will raise enough money (£30m) without having to replace them, a first team player?

Anderson seems to be on his way, nanny is unsettled, vidic is looking for a big pay day, berbatov feels unloved and foster has already made the jump.

Only player to leave out of that lot will be Anderson!
and foster..........

so that spunks up half the dosh. Anyone think rednose gets a transfer budget of less than £15m if he asks for it?

Considering you guys are taking your lead from the stories coming out of the Mirror, here's another one to consider:

Milner Transfer Request Story

James Milner will stun Aston Villa on his return from the World Cup by handing in a written transfer request if they attempt to block his £28 million move to Manchester City.

Milner has made it clear to England team-mates that he cannot ignore the kind of wages a move to Eastlands would guarantee. Moving to City would even be more lucrative than joining champions Chelsea.

Chelsea have refused to go above £20 million to secure the 24-year-old.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill shelved plans to open contract talks with Milner prior to the World Cup after City made the first of two opening offers to sign him, and Villa officials still hope they can talk Milner into staying.

But City refuse to be put off.

They are even prepared to pay £30m to receive official permission to thrash out personal terms with the player.

Personally, I believe that you should stop reading the papers for any sort of an insight into the transfer deals of two major businesses but hey, whatever.

Milner has made it clear to England team-mates that he cannot ignore the kind of wages a move to Eastlands would guarantee. Moving to City would even be more lucrative than joining champions Chelsea.

Oh yeah, has one of his team-mates backed this up?

Have they ****.

Out of interest, how many players worldwide have moved for £30m+ throughout history?

about a Dozen. i cant be bothered to get the list but just look at a recent top 10 highest transfer fees then add Ibra

hmmm no quotes within the NOTW story (no surprise there!!!)

I can't see how the press know about this - Capello has tucked the England team away from the press during the WC!

IF Milner decides to hand in a transfer request, then more money for us as we won't have to pay him a 'loyalty' fee!!!

Considering you guys are taking your lead from the stories coming out of the Mirror, here's another one to consider:

Milner Transfer Request Story

James Milner will stun Aston Villa on his return from the World Cup by handing in a written transfer request if they attempt to block his £28 million move to Manchester City.

Chelsea have refused to go above £20 million to secure the 24-year-old.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill shelved plans to open contract talks with Milner prior to the World Cup after City made the first of two opening offers to sign him, and Villa officials still hope they can talk Milner into staying.

But City refuse to be put off.

They are even prepared to pay £30m to receive official permission to thrash out personal terms with the player.

Personally, I believe that you should stop reading the papers for any sort of an insight into the transfer deals of two major businesses but hey, whatever.

Usual Mirror bollox yet again. Its their typical anti-Villa stance as ever. The only difference is Numpty Nursey did not write this one. No one is saying Milner is definitely staying and no one is saying he is definitely going.

If they have such an inside track how do they square the alleged comment that he "cannot ignore the kind of wages a move to Eastlands would guarantee" with his stated ambition of winning silverware which he said in a recent TV interview? The two may coincide at City but its very far from guaranteed.

Story is bollocks, If Milner was about money then why put in a transfer request? He'd lose his entitlement to a part of a fee and if the 30million is to be believed a bit too much for don't you think! Also these Sunday Papers are really scraping the barrel NOTW rehash the story about bloody Zigic, did you see him in the World Cup?

Out of interest, how many players worldwide have moved for £30m+ throughout history?

Ronaldo

Ibrahimovic

Kaka

Zidane

Figo

Crespo

Villa

Buffon

Robinho

Vieri

Shevchenko

Nedved

Berbatov

Puts it into perspective really, he's good but not near the level of those players, I say we take the money and run