What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

When Milner comes back to England we'll offer him a contract extension. If he declines it then we'll sell to Man City - and they're not exactly shy with their bids.

I don't think the Milner-saga will drag out. The only thing that I think could drag out is getting a replacement for Milner and any other transfers using the money from selling him.

(Of course.. IF he goes)

Well according to some in this thread, its easy for us to find a replacement as good if not better than Milner so no worries there :lol:

And I'm one of them! :D

I think Ireland would be a perfect replacement for Milner. Also he is more disciplined to staying in the centre of the field so wouldn't leave Petrov as unprotected as Milner does.

But other than Ireland, I'm not sure who we could go for. I'd say Boussouffa but I haven't seen him play, just YouTube clips!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i see it, its a win win for us. we either rip citeh off or keep a player that has the potential to become the next steven gerrard

only way i see it being abd for us is if we keep him for another season and he doesnt sign a new deal then we lose a huge amount of money

the way i see it, its a win win for us. we either rip citeh off or keep a player that has the potential to become the next steven gerrard

only way i see it being abd for us is if we keep him for another season and he doesnt sign a new deal then we lose a huge amount of money

Yep that is the catch 22 situation

I think perhaps people are overstating MIlner's performance in yesterday's match. He was very good, yes, but largely by comparison to an underperforming England team as a whole. I don't think we could be adding too many zeroes just for now.

I think perhaps people are overstating MIlner's performance in yesterday's match. He was very good, yes, but largely by comparison to an underperforming England team as a whole. I don't think we could be adding too many zeroes just for now.

He was Englands most creative player, from the right wing! As we all found out last season, his best position is in the middle of the park. If England play him there, we will see him at his best.

This...

If Milner doesn't sign a new contract before the start of the new season then I would sell him for £7Billion to Man City.

Then..

:lol:

I just don't get why some people rate Stephen Ireland so much......I fancy he's benefitted from the mysterious Reo-Coker syndrome, i.e. the less he plays the better he gets in the eyes of some.

If we lose Milner we would do extremely well to replace him, we may bring in another body but whether that body can replicate or indeed heighten the performances of Milner is another story.

Personally I think losing Milner could be very damaging for the club, but then I thought the same about Barry and we seem to have improved off the back of that sale so who knows!

I just don't get why some people rate Stephen Ireland so much......I fancy he's benefitted from the mysterious Reo-Coker syndrome, i.e. the less he plays the better he gets in the eyes of some.

If we lose Milner we would do extremely well to replace him, we may bring in another body but whether that body can replicate or indeed heighten the performances of Milner is another story.

Personally I think losing Milner could be very damaging for the club, but then I thought the same about Barry and we seem to have improved off the back of that sale so who knows!

I absolutely agree with all of that

I would too.

As for Ireland I think he could be a canny buy, at the right price, but certainly not as a direct replacement for Milner. I think its much more about having options and variation in the midfield.

I would too.

As for Ireland I think he could be a canny buy, at the right price, but certainly not as a direct replacement for Milner. I think its much more about having options and variation in the midfield.

I'm not averse to signing Ireland by the way, I do think he's a decent player but to say he would replace Milner I think is a bridge too far.

Are you's the same people that said Dunne wasn't good enough fr us last season?..Ireland would bring more to our team going forword imo and he'd also get more goals,if Milner stays I can see the same drop in form as what happend to Ash last year..

I dont like Ireland but he is a very good player and if he was English the team would be built around him because he can pass and hold the ball unlike 95% of English players.

Fergie wants him as a Scholes replacement but Citeh wont sell to Manure. 2 years ago he was amazing in Hughes 1st season there

If we dont sell him maybe he becomes disillusioned and sulks around the pitch all next season like Gerrard did for Liverpool this year

If we dont sell him maybe he becomes disillusioned and sulks around the pitch all next season like Gerrard did for Liverpool this year

I don't know him personally but from what I've seen that's not in his character.

I don't know him personally but from what I've seen that's not in his character.

Yeah, he didn't want to go back to Newcastle when we let him go from loan, but he continued there like nothing happened.

Season 2008/2009 Ireland had as good a season as Milner has just had.

Most thought he was nailed on for YPOTY.

IMO, he is not a Milner replacement at all but in something of a free role he could achieve anything.