What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I would to be honest. The reason is, I could see why Barry left. Last year, I couldn't see us challenging top 4, and with all the signings City were making, it looked a shoe-in.

However, having seen the season pan out - no matter how much money City spend next year, I still don't think they will get top 4 - I still think Spurs will be ahead of them, and if we invest wisely with the players we all know we need, I still think we will be, even if we spend 30m to their 300m.

I don't think Mancini is good enough.

So, given that, if he goes to Man City, to me, he will be going purely and simply for money and nothing else.I hope he is bigger, and values his career more than this.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still unbothered.

Shitloads of cash or keeping a good player. No lose situtation for us.

This!

Win-Win as I see it.

But lets face it, 30 million would allow us to kick on and buy three good players. Milner is replacable. If 30 million was on the table we would be stupid not to take it IMO. Although I wouldnt be sad if Milner stays...

Still unbothered.

This!

Win-Win as I see it.

But lets face it, 30 million would allow us to kick on and buy three good players. Milner is replacable. If 30 million was on the table we would be stupid not to take it IMO. Although I wouldnt be sad if Milner stays...

The problem is if we can get the right players in to become a better side after losing Milner.

And what will players like Young and Gabby say if we sell him? Of course that depends on who we replace him with, but I doubt we'll buy his replacement before we sell him.

I believe in MON, but it's hard to find a better player or players being 6th in the table and just sold our star player.

Keep him. though £30m is a lot of money.

Still unbothered.

This!

Win-Win as I see it.

The problem is if we can get the right players in to become a better side after losing Milner.

That's the worry for me. £30m is a fantastic sum of money but I'm sure it would only be a matter of days before we started hearing stories of "because everyone knows we got £30m from the Milner sale, all the prices of our prospective signings have just gone up".

I'm totally torn, I think £30m is too good to turn down but I'd worry that we'd be able to effectively use the money.

Still unbothered.

Not quite true. The 'lose' situation will occur if the issue drags on for a long time without being resolved one way or the other.

If this happens then the bulk of your transfer activities will be frozen in place and beset by confusion and uncertainty: you'll be left not knowing whether or not Milner needs to be replaced and in the meantime, with time running out in the transfer window, you won't know how much cash you'll have to spend on a Milner-replacement and/or other players.

In other words, unless it's resolved early it'll be hard to make transfer plans: set a budget, choose target players and have enough time to allow for unhurried negotiations.

Still unbothered.

Not quite true. The 'lose' situation will occur if the issue drags on for a long time without being resolved one way or the other.

If this happens then the bulk of your transfer activities will be frozen in place and beset by confusion and uncertainty: you'll be left not knowing whether or not Milner needs to be replaced and in the meantime, with time running out in the transfer window, you won't know how much cash you'll have to spend on a Milner-replacement and/or other players.

In other words, unless it's resolved early it'll be hard to make transfer plans: set a budget, choose target players and have enough time to allow for unhurried negotiations.

In a way you might be right, but I find it hard to believe that MON will just sit there and wait to see what happens before he's making any moves. I think he'll plan for both situations. But no, a drawn out affair is the worst of the three situations, I'd say. May stirr some shite among the players too. But there's also a chance that we won't let it go that far.

Still unbothered.

I'm not convinced we'll allow that to happen. I suspect we already have plans in place for any money brought in should he be sold, especially regarding replacements. I don't think we're quite that incompetent.

Editted, on consideration.

Still unbothered.

This is what happened with the Berbatov to Manchester United saga, IIRC.

if Milner keeps playing like he did against Slovenia and he ends up being instrumental in us beating Germany on Sunday then the price we can demand will go up.

always happens at big tournaments like the world cup.

If he owns germany on sunday £27m will be too low.

This is what happened with the Berbatov to Manchester United saga, IIRC.

True. So it wasn't until the January window opened that we were able to use the Berbatov cash, but by that time of course our league ambitions for the season were mostly limited to avoiding relegation after our terrible start (2 points from the first 8 games etc).

Ah it was good watchin a player who can cross wasn't it Glaston

And one that can score

If i didnt Glaston would :D

When Milner comes back to England we'll offer him a contract extension. If he declines it then we'll sell to Man City - and they're not exactly shy with their bids.

I don't think the Milner-saga will drag out. The only thing that I think could drag out is getting a replacement for Milner and any other transfers using the money from selling him.

(Of course.. IF he goes)

This will be sorted out pretty quickly after the world cup id imagine.

If Milner wants to go, A la Barry, he will be sold to City within days. I'd much rather we kept him, regardless of the money. I cant see how hes going to be able to fit into a team with Yaya Toure, De Jong, Vieira, David Silva, Adam Johnson, Gareth Barry, SWP, Bellamy, Robinho, Kompany, Boateng & Ireland in. This isnt even a team in the champions league, so theyre not going to be rotating players around like their cross city rivals. Whatever happens, the team isnt going to be built around him like it is at Villa.

That said, from an objective point of view, we all said the same about Barry last year and hes had a good year.

When Milner comes back to England we'll offer him a contract extension. If he declines it then we'll sell to Man City - and they're not exactly shy with their bids.

I don't think the Milner-saga will drag out. The only thing that I think could drag out is getting a replacement for Milner and any other transfers using the money from selling him.

(Of course.. IF he goes)

Well according to some in this thread, its easy for us to find a replacement as good if not better than Milner so no worries there :lol:

I hope villa do everything to keep milner even if it means giving the boy the money he wants.

Milner is the player we need to keep so we can take that next step.

Lets hope come the start of the season milner is here be our best signing.

I hope villa do everything to keep milner even if it means giving the boy the money he wants.

Milner is the player we need to keep so we can take that next step.

Lets hope come the start of the season milner is here be our best signing.

All true if of course the club is anywhere near making the next step, or in fact capable of it.

If not then it is probably best for us and for him that he goes