What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Don't know if this has been posted, but I read today in the Mirror's World Cup pullout that the England squad had an impromptu quiz in teams, as well as the backroom staff, to boost morale before the Slovenia game. Milner claimed the team made up of Liverpool players won thanks to Carra, but I found the last quote interesting. No doubt people will say "well that means nothing" but I'm gonna be the optimist:

"With his own club future uncertain, Milner saw the funny side when asked which side he was on. "It wasn't the Man City team" he replied, smiling broadly."

I'm with you, and being an optimist and reading way too deep into this statement no doubt. Shame he never said "It wasn't Man City, Utd, or Chelsea's team, only Villa." We can but hope!

Surely he was on the Villa team with Heskey and Warnock, against Stevie G, Carra and Johnson. Spurs would have had 4 players and still lost. But the big question is" Who's team was J. Cole on?

No doubt he would have been on the Villa team. But he could have just said that. But he chose to say "Not on the Man City team". To me that is halting a rumour. But to others it'll just be a calming response to a stupid question from some journo trying to stir things up.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this has been posted, but I read today in the Mirror's World Cup pullout that the England squad had an impromptu quiz in teams, as well as the backroom staff, to boost morale before the Slovenia game. Milner claimed the team made up of Liverpool players won thanks to Carra, but I found the last quote interesting. No doubt people will say "well that means nothing" but I'm gonna be the optimist:

"With his own club future uncertain, Milner saw the funny side when asked which side he was on. "It wasn't the Man City team" he replied, smiling broadly."

Fine sense of humour, has our James (soon I guess not to be ours).

Just been on newsnow and found a link to a James Milner interview on Citeh's Vital site. I find this really disrespectful as there is absolutely no discussion on Citeh or anything that would justify it being on their Vital site. I hope he has the class not to go there.

Just been on newsnow and found a link to a James Milner interview on Citeh's Vital site. I find this really disrespectful as there is absolutely no discussion on Citeh or anything that would justify it being on their Vital site. I hope he has the class not to go there.

I'm pretty certain that if there had been an interview with a known Villa target then it would be on here.

In fact, forget 'pretty certain'. It would be on here without question.

How long before his performance today gets linked with another move to City/Chelsea/Utd/Notts County/Everybody?

How long before we realise that Villa without James Milner would be a poorer side?

Spot on vb. :nod:

p.s. Are you all recovered from last year's ailments, now?

I'm on the mend thankyou snowy, but still not back at Villa Park yet due to the excitement factor (what excitement I hear you ask!) :lol:

I wonder whether Milner's experience of being hauled off after 30 minutes against the USA, and then being subsequently overlooked for the Algeria game, will make JM think hard about what a good situation he is currently in at AVFC?

If Villa offer him a really good deal after the world cup will his recent taste of the uncertainty of being in a large squad of players who are all pressing their claims to a first team place, make him ponder the wisdom of a move to a club with an ever open transfer wallet?

I'm sure Milner has the guts and self belief to fight for his place wherever he is, but the last six weeks may just have given him food for thought.

I wonder whether Milner's experience of being hauled off after 30 minutes against the USA, and then being subsequently overlooked for the Algeria game, will make JM think hard about what a good situation he is currently in at AVFC?

Well perhaps the fact he wasn't fit and had suffered a nasty viral infection would influence his thinking a little, nothing to do with anything else.

Well perhaps the fact he wasn't fit and had suffered a nasty viral infection would influence his thinking a little, nothing to do with anything else.

and he was Englands best player against Slovenia.

The mirror have shoehorned their belief that Milner is off to Citeh into a story concerning SWP (who wants £100k a week!!!! is it Apr 1st?)

Bizarrely, this 'refit' of their midfield will hopefully make Milner see that he won't be playing as much and indeed could be a victim of the following seasons 'refit' when they don't reach their targets....

Shaun Wright-Phillips could be one of the victims of Roberto Mancini's midfield spending splurge.

Mancini has landed Jerome Boateng and is close to signing Yaya Toure, James Milner and David Silva in a £88million refit of Manchester City's midfield.

Their arrivals will put a huge question mark over Wright-Phillips, who is at loggerheads with the club over his demands for a new contract.

The England World Cup winger has two years left on the £60,000-a-week deal he signed when he rejoined the club from Chelsea in 2008 and wants parity with the Blues' big earners on £100,000-a-week.

the mirror

I thought Fabio said he took him off cos he wasn't following instructions!?!?

I don't think he will go to Man City, more chance of Man Utd IMO
I think rednose has to find a replacement for scholes this year, and Jimmy helps to plugging this gap - not the same sort of player as scholes, for instance he can tackle, but part of the way there.

I think rednose has to find a replacement for scholes this year, and Jimmy helps to plugging this gap - not the same sort of player as scholes, for instance he can tackle, but part of the way there.

Pity their skint then, they wont be buying any £20m player, let alone £30m+ one, imo.

Pity their skint then, they wont be buying any £20m player, let alone £30m+ one, imo.

Or, they buy Milner next season when he only has one year left on his contract, and Scholes officially retires. Would be good business from their viewpoint.