What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I don't understand these expectations of loyalty - he has been a Villa player for 2 seasons, 3 if you count his loan year. He came to us from Newcastle without too much prompting, and even put in a transfer request to get it done.

I am not sure what Villa have done to expect loyalty from him, apart from develop him from a 12m player into a 30m player (according to so-called market value). In the end I suspect he will do to with us what he did with the Barcodes - jump ship to a team with what he sees as greater prospects and earn us a transfer fee well in excess of his actual worth.

That's not a slur on Milner at all - it's simply the way football is. It may work out for for the best for all parties, and maybe not.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still pretty unbothered.

If he goes we get an arseload more than he's realistically worth and can reinvest in the side. If he doesn't, we keep a good player.

I think he's more likely to leave than not but I just really care. I think he's a good player, had a fantastic season, I'd rather he stayed than not, but he's not a £30m player and thats the territory he'll go for. 3 £10m players could revolutionise this side.

Could not agree more.

He obviously wants to go otherwise he would have said he was happy here before he left for the wrld cup. Doyle has had loads os sepculation but has made it clear he would be more than happy to stay at Wolves next year. Milner didnt even go that far. Im suprised i thought he would be different but it seems the lure of the money is too much for even the managers dream player.

I'm not sure I buy that. I would cut him some slack in that I think he is focused on the World Cup and will think about club matters after its over. As I have said a couple of times on this thread I think he is a pretty honourable bloke and will listen to Villa. I suspect also he would prefer someone like Chelsea or Man U rather than Man City were he to go.

It does make me laugh that the media keep trying to stoke up this story. That clueness numpty James Nursey is up to his usual tricks again in the Mirror today.

I don't understand these expectations of loyalty - he has been a Villa player for 2 seasons, 3 if you count his loan year. He came to us from Newcastle without too much prompting, and even put in a transfer request to get it done.

I am not sure what Villa have done to expect loyalty from him, apart from develop him from a 12m player into a 30m player (according to so-called market value). In the end I suspect he will do to with us what he did with the Barcodes - jump ship to a team with what he sees as greater prospects and earn us a transfer fee well in excess of his actual worth.

That's not a slur on Milner at all - it's simply the way football is. It may work out for for the best for all parties, and maybe not.

We did sort of save his career as he was going nowhere at Newcastle and we made him the star of our team and an England international

We did sort of save his career as he was going nowhere at Newcastle and we made him the star of our team and an England international

He has also said that the stability at Villa has been great for him, as he had never had a full season under one manager. Not sure Citeh could guarantee this!!

I think, more than anything, it has been MON's willingness to trust Milner with a CM position that has allowed him to become the player he has. Not sure he would have been give this opportunity elsewhere and, if not, he would have stayed as an average but hard working right winger.

I dont think you can say we saved a players career when we spent 12million on him at the age of 22??

Surely a lot of James Milners rise is down to james Milner. Aston Villa have just provided the environment in which he could improve, which imo is the least a football club is expected to do.

All this talk of loyalty is bollocks. Loyalty to what?? Loyalty to the fans who boo when we dont quite get things right?

Not including you in this of course, but football fans should look at themselves and their loyalties to their club before they start questioning the loyalty of players

From Goal..

Manchester City and Chelsea target James Milner has cast fresh doubt over his Aston Villa future by putting plans to buy a new Midlands home on hold, according to The People.

Speculation has linked the England midfielder with a £30 million move away from the Europa League qualifiers following his impressive campaign for the Villans last term.

City are reported to have already seen a £20 million offer rejected, while Chelsea seemingly want the 24-year old to help replace the departing Michael Ballack and Joe Cole in their squad.

Milner had planned to build a £1.9 million house in Sutton Coldfield, but has reportedly put this plan on ice while he awaits news of a potential transfer.

Goal!

From Goal..

Manchester City and Chelsea target James Milner has cast fresh doubt over his Aston Villa future by putting plans to buy a new Midlands home on hold, according to The People.

Speculation has linked the England midfielder with a £30 million move away from the Europa League qualifiers following his impressive campaign for the Villans last term.

City are reported to have already seen a £20 million offer rejected, while Chelsea seemingly want the 24-year old to help replace the departing Michael Ballack and Joe Cole in their squad.

Milner had planned to build a £1.9 million house in Sutton Coldfield, but has reportedly put this plan on ice while he awaits news of a potential transfer.

Goal!

Well it would just be plain silly to buy a house when his club might accept a bid from Citeh.

Its not all down to Milner, its of course down to whether a bid is accepted.

I dont think you can say we saved a players career when we spent 12million on him at the age of 22??

Surely a lot of James Milners rise is down to james Milner. Aston Villa have just provided the environment in which he could improve, which imo is the least a football club is expected to do.

All this talk of loyalty is bollocks. Loyalty to what?? Loyalty to the fans who boo when we dont quite get things right?

Not including you in this of course, but football fans should look at themselves and their loyalties to their club before they start questioning the loyalty of players

Milner has the look of a man that wants to make it to the top. He doesn't work as hard as he does to tread water at a club like us (and when i say treading water, thats from his not from my point of view), which is what what we may be doing for the forseeable future, until we get in the CL and even then, it will still be difficult to stay top4.

He'll also be rubbing shoulders with top players in the England squad which may well turn his head even more.

He doesn't owe this club anything either, if he leaves, we'll be netting around £30m, i'd say this would more than make up for his departure.

From Goal..

Goal!

I wouldn't buy a house in Sutton Coldfield while I was in South Africa either.

James Milner has been my favourite player for the past 2 years, even when a few people disliked him because he didn't seem to offer us much in his first few months - I liked him for his workrate.

But I honestly don't mind what happens now. If he stays I'll be more than happy because we'll be showing a true ambition to compete, but I'll also feel like we will have slightly missed out on getting the biggest return for him that we might ever get.

Swings and roundabouts.

If he goes then I'm certain Randy & MON will bleed Man City for all they can. I just wish we didn't have to wait through the whole world cup to find out! :(

From Goal..

Well if he's done that his plans will probably be ruined anyway

I'm still pretty unbothered.

If he goes we get an arseload more than he's realistically worth and can reinvest in the side. If he doesn't, we keep a good player.

I think he's more likely to leave than not but I just really care. I think he's a good player, had a fantastic season, I'd rather he stayed than not, but he's not a £30m player.

This

Let him go if he wants to go. Money speaks volumes these days. Forget about the man that turned his career around. Forget about the club who were laughed at for spending £12m on him.

Forget all the loyalty these days. I don't want any unloyal, ungrateful clearings in the woods playing for Villa.

this is what i think will happen. milner wants to go but wont come out and openly say that. villa will say sign a new deal which he will decline which will mean villa will sell so they dont lose value on him next summer.

then when he goes he will say he will say the club wanted to sell.

Interesting. I wouldn't put that past him myself. I hope he enjoys playing with that other knob head at City.

get a life mate

has milner actually come and said hes going????

and even if he had..................... get a life

It's upsetting but not as upsetting as it was with Barry. Milner isn't a villa player in the sence that Gareth was, nor does he have the affinity with the club that players like agbonlahor, Carew or even Young hold.

I hope he stays but he never seems to have fully immersed himself into the club.

Interesting. I wouldn't put that past him myself. I hope he enjoys playing with that other knob head at City.

get a life mate

has milner actually come and said hes going????

and even if he had..................... get a life

Pot.Kettle.Black right there puddin.