• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like Ireland but he is a very good player and if he was English the team would be built around him because he can pass and hold the ball unlike 95% of English players.

Fergie wants him as a Scholes replacement but Citeh wont sell to Manure. 2 years ago he was amazing in Hughes 1st season there

Ireland isn't fit to lace Scholes' boots, he might've wanted him 2 years ago but not now

There's enough negativity towards Ireland to suggest that he could already be a villa player! Lol

My feeling is that he is the single most talented player that we would realistically be able to get this summer, certaintly within the premier league.

loook

Am I wrong.. or have Nike got a big picture of James Milner as a statue as the first background on this website...?

Remember what we did for you Jimmy!!! You used to be the one carrying the stones, now they're making statues of you!!! Remember Villa!!! :cry: ... getting a bit emotional

EDIT: and the permanent background for this one

Surprised teams in this league are interested in Silva, he has Reyes written all over him.

Wont like getting tackled or how quick and aggressive the premier league is.

This - the Spanish Robinho!

I agree like Robnho he is a very talented player but he will be abttered in Premier League. Will be good in home games but away he will be a liability

Milner should really have a look at Citeh and realise that potentially (although I think he is ahead of the players) he won't get a game every week. Citeh have De Jong, Barry, Adam Johnson, Viera, Boeteng (who could play in defence or midfield), Bellamy (wide player) who may well be fighting for places with him and then Wright-Phillips as well.

Then again he also may look at his pay packet.

We really need to get it out of our heads that either footballers are loyal to the club or the club loyal to them. They are a commodity, a tool to be used and then traded once their realisable value reaches a point too good to turn down.

Villa may make all the noises about keeping him etc but if Citeh bid 30M or more then I am sure Milner would be on his way to Eastlands and probably in Randy's private jet (with regular updates from thetrees no less along the way!)

Milner may make the noises about staying with us but if Citeh offered him 100K plus per week he'd be off in a shot.

Sorry but loyalty no longer exists and in the game dominated by money it is only those with more of that stuff that tend to win

Milner should really have a look at Citeh and realise that potentially (although I think he is ahead of the players) he won't get a game every week. Citeh have De Jong, Barry, Adam Johnson, Viera, Boeteng (who could play in defence or midfield), Bellamy (wide player) who may well be fighting for places with him and then Wright-Phillips as well.

But if a player like him doesn't have the confidence to back himself to earn a regular place for himself then he's not going to want to leave in the first place.

We really need to get it out of our heads that either footballers are loyal to the club or the club loyal to them. They are a commodity, a tool to be used and then traded once their realisable value reaches a point too good to turn down.

Villa may make all the noises about keeping him etc but if Citeh bid 30M or more then I am sure Milner would be on his way to Eastlands and probably in Randy's private jet (with regular updates from thetrees no less along the way!)

Milner may make the noises about staying with us but if Citeh offered him 100K plus per week he'd be off in a shot.

Sorry but loyalty no longer exists and in the game dominated by money it is only those with more of that stuff that tend to win

To be fair though it's been this way for some time now, and I'm not talking since the inception of the Premier League either........

The sooner we all accept it and stop bleating on about the 'good ol' days' (not aimed at you Richard) of football the better off we'll be, IMO.

Don't know if this has been posted, but I read today in the Mirror's World Cup pullout that the England squad had an impromptu quiz in teams, as well as the backroom staff, to boost morale before the Slovenia game. Milner claimed the team made up of Liverpool players won thanks to Carra, but I found the last quote interesting. No doubt people will say "well that means nothing" but I'm gonna be the optimist:

"With his own club future uncertain, Milner saw the funny side when asked which side he was on. "It wasn't the Man City team" he replied, smiling broadly."

But there must be a few footballers out there who put their career ahead of their wallet?

Yes, he'd get to play alongside big name players at Man City. But competition-wise they have nothing more than we do. They might get CL next year - but what if they don't?

For 2 seasons Milner will have been playing less football each week, for nothing.

I'd prefer to stay at a club where I know I will play week-in week-out than know I'll be earning an extra 40k a week.

Don't know if this has been posted, but I read today in the Mirror's World Cup pullout that the England squad had an impromptu quiz in teams, as well as the backroom staff, to boost morale before the Slovenia game. Milner claimed the team made up of Liverpool players won thanks to Carra, but I found the last quote interesting. No doubt people will say "well that means nothing" but I'm gonna be the optimist:

"With his own club future uncertain, Milner saw the funny side when asked which side he was on. "It wasn't the Man City team" he replied, smiling broadly."

I'm with you, and being an optimist and reading way too deep into this statement no doubt. Shame he never said "It wasn't Man City, Utd, or Chelsea's team, only Villa." We can but hope!

I'm with you, and being an optimist and reading way too deep into this statement no doubt. Shame he never said "It wasn't Man City, Utd, or Chelsea's team, only Villa." We can but hope!

Surely he was on the Villa team with Heskey and Warnock, against Stevie G, Carra and Johnson. Spurs would have had 4 players and still lost. But the big question is" Who's team was J. Cole on?

But there must be a few footballers out there who put their career ahead of their wallet?

There's an argument for Matt Le Tissier, but Dave Jones made a very interesting comment regarding him, stating that it was from "his own lack of motivation" more than a commitment to Southampton that he never made the step up. I remember being highly amused at the time by the number of Saints fans visibly irked by this statement.