The VT Baby club

kimmie

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Pre-natal was also one of the eye opening moments for me as I realised that even with my wife in labor and suffering a lot of pain, I was still going to stare at the hot midwifes cleavage as she bent forward. Not my classiest moment. 

Lenny Bruce used to tell a similar tale. When he had a heart attack and was being rushed to hospital in an ambulance, he was well aware that it was a matter of life and death, but he he still found himself admiring the nurse's tits. As he said, it's how we're wired. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

What I will say, I love my grandson. He is the best example of a child but **** me he is draining and that's why I am on the top floor, effectively hiding from the rest of the family. At some point he will click and come looking for me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep it's the same with me already. I've spoken to her more in the past 2 days than I have in the past 6 months. It'll all work out. Like you said maybe not romantically, but things will be good

Good to hear, bud.

And big congrats on becoming a dad. It’s the best, most rewarding, most challenging and most important gig in the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep it's the same with me already. I've spoken to her more in the past 2 days than I have in the past 6 months. It'll all work out. Like you said maybe not romantically, but things will be good

As a teacher, I've witnessed some children really impacted by their parents not getting along and almost using the child to emotionally hurt each other. 

It sounds like the both of you are doing what's best for your little one, which maybe people will say should be the obvious thing, but I think it's commendable, especially in a situation where emotions have been hurt. 

Enjoy it. When times are shit with kids, they're really, really shit. But when it's good, nothing has ever come close. It's amazing. Good luck to both of you. 

• Like 3

Said in the Xmas thread v4e baby number 2 is due end of June, baby 1 was premature with a rough time for my wife, as a result they've told her not to fly and avoid long journeys until the baby is born... So that's her not travelling to the UK until August at the earliest

With corona thrown in to the mix its a real shitter for my parents, think I'll try and fly over me and the 2 year old in April 😬 not a clue how that will go, she's recently developed the obsession with walking by herself at a snails pace through busy shops and streets... Causing me a lot of grief, pick her up and she goes mental let alone trying to sit her down, they opened up a new till in the supermarket yesterday to get rid of her 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the Xmas thread v4e baby number 2 is due end of June, baby 1 was premature with a rough time for my wife, as a result they've told her not to fly and avoid long journeys until the baby is born... So that's her not travelling to the UK until August at the earliest

With corona thrown in to the mix its a real shitter for my parents, think I'll try and fly over me and the 2 year old in April 😬 not a clue how that will go, she's recently developed the obsession with walking by herself at a snails pace through busy shops and streets... Causing me a lot of grief, pick her up and she goes mental let alone trying to sit her down, they opened up a new till in the supermarket yesterday to get rid of her 😂

Don't worry, the novelty of walking quickly dies off and she'll insist that you carry her again. 

Good luck with baby number 2 and getting to see your folks. 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 17:31, Genie said:

Do people still have home births? You don’t hear about them much these days. If something happens like what happened to Steve’s baby momma it’s pretty much death.

my daughter was nearly born at home ..instead we opted for me breaking the land speed record and driving to the hospital , literally pulled up at the front doors and in , left the car doors open and everything 

mentioned it years back but I should have been at a Villa game that day , but obviously didn't go ..on the way home someone crashed into my mates car (who I go to every game with ) on the M40  and he ended up upside down  and the passenger side was completely  caved in , I'd have been killed no question ... another reason why I'm always extremely grateful to have a daughter born a week early 

• Shocked 1

Oh and when we first found out she was pregnant I jokingly suggested we name him Jack after Grealish (who was still very much at the club at the time)

Despite going round every other name under the sun, I think Jack might end up being his name.

So my desire for Grealish to make a Villa Park return has just rocketed :) 

• Haha 1

My missus likes the name noah and I don't (apologies to anyone inevitably called noah or with a son called noah) and she pestered to why not with I just don't not being good enough for her so I wheeled out it's a bit too bibley for me...

What a mistake that was, turns out seemingly every name under the sun is in that bastard book

"how about Shaq?"

"nope, bible name"

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My missus likes the name noah and I don't (apologies to anyone inevitably called noah or with a son called noah) and she pestered to why not with I just don't not being good enough for her so I wheeled out it's a bit too bibley for me...

What a mistake that was, turns out seemingly every name under the sun is in that bastard book

"how about Shaq?"

"nope, bible name"

Clint. Wayne. Jeff. Ron. Stan. Colin. Adrian. Marlon. Charlie. Stu. Dick. Albert. Dennis. Bob. Graham. Donald. Alfonso. Vladimir. Chip. Desmond. Hank. Ndabaninge. Bruce. 

Must be one of those you like.  

Just now, mjmooney said:

Clint. Wayne. Jeff. Ron. Stan. Colin. Adrian. Marlon. Charlie. Stu. Dick. Albert. Dennis. Bob. Graham. Donald. Alfonso. Vladimir. Chip. Desmond. Hank. Ndabaninge. Bruce. 

Must be one of those you like.  

You can guess which one is jumping out at me... 

But I'm not sure what it'll be shortened to

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"how about Shaq?"

"nope, bible name"

If you're wanting good biblical names, got to be one of the sons of Jacob; Joseph, Judah, Levi, Reuben, Benjamin, Dinah, Asher, Simeon, Naphtali, Issachar, Dan, Gad, and Zebulun. Or perhaps one of the three Magi; Gaspar/Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar. 

Â