The VT Baby club

kimmie

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Don't you think it's hilarious. He **** up every episode. We play a game where we guess what's going to go wrong. 

My favourite is where he has a carrot (his favourite) but gets too excited, and chucks it in a blender by accident, and gets really mardy. 

It take me some time to come round to it, I will admit. 

I'm so glad my lad is too old for Bing now. Most disturbing children's TV ever

51 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm so glad my lad is too old for Bing now. Most disturbing children's TV ever

I don't really get the hate for Bing. OK, it doesn't have the sly 'only the adults will get this' wit that Peppa, Bluey and Duggee all have, and it's anodyne as hell, but it's just yer standard 'teaching toddlers to cope with toddler stuff'. And of that genre it is nowhere near as slash-your-wrists-inducing as some of the American equivalents like Cocomelon and Daniel Tiger. 

Edited by mjmooney

Mines just frozen 2, no interest in anything else even if I've "tried" to get her on to other films, she's now even going nuts if I don't sing and stroke her nose to a certain song

Turning Red out this weekend and I'll be watching it, up to her if she joins me 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2022 at 19:32, Davkaus said:

It's funny seeing the world move on from covid. I'm spending my evenings and weekends wearing a mask, and taking a test every day, knowing if I'm positive I can't see my daughter for a week or so. It's NICU, they're the most vulnerable patients, we need to keep them safe, I get it.

We're approaching the due date now, which feels crazy nearly 3 months on, and we're none the wiser about when she might come home. We moved to low dependency for the first time today, which ought to be great news, but due to the bowel surgery she's not absorbing enough from her food so there's a concern about her needing nutrition via IV, and when that can stop. The NICU staff were bigging up the transfer to low dependency and talking about us being home from mother's day. The surgeon got wind of this and talked to us about the realities of the nutrition problems and potentially still being inpatients in a month's time. In 6 months' time. In a year's time. They can't be sure at all.

So now we're facing the realities of being transferred from NICU to a paediatric ward, and the main consequence of that - In neonate ICU, they allow both parents to visit, but nobody else - 3 months in, she's never met her grandparents, and she won't for some time, but we've had each other, and we've made do. On paeds, we can't do that. They allow 1 visitor at a time. So we're meant to work on being a family while never being allowed to be in the same room. Only one of us can be with our daughter, and if we want to work on "us" and spend any time together, we have to leave our child alone and feel like we're abandoning her and being selfish. I'm **** furious.

I can't even remotely imagine how it must feel to be in this situation. Stay strong dude and keep ranting on here if you need a place to vent. Sounds like you're handling the whole situation much better than I would. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2022 at 20:32, Davkaus said:

Only one of us can be with our daughter, and if we want to work on "us" and spend any time together, we have to leave our child alone and feel like we're abandoning her and being selfish. I'm **** furious.

Don't do it to yourself mate, I had the same, my wife could sit there all day but I had to go back to work so could only go on the night, just know that you're doing something 

We got in to a routine, unfortunately it involved a Burger King round the corner from the hospital and I know what you mean your sat eating a burger while your baby is sat in an incubator and it chips away at you, don't let it beat you

Part of my routine was I read my daughter Esio Trot every day, just get bigger 

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That feels like a long time ago. We spent 12 hours in low dependency, at which point a severe deterioration occurred. We feel absolutely certain due to unsafe staffing levels, again, that we'd have been preparing for a funeral by now if we'd not been there to intervene at the time. This is hard enough, without being in a situation in which you can't trust the hospital to keep your child safe, so feel like you need to be there at all times, and it's far from an isolated incident. There's a reason the trust we're at has been investigated by the Care Quality Commission several times over and their maternity services are rated 'inadequate'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/nottingham-hospitals-387-families-come-6863433

40 babies suffered what have been considered avoidable brain damage (and we're probably another one to add to the list), 19 born stillborn that could have been avoided. We're just another statistic in the list of avoidable life changing injuries in this maternity unit.

There's nothing to really tie this account to my real name or anything, but I should probably not post much more in the way of details because this is almost certainly ending up in court when we get her home.

They were talking about this trust and the maternity scandal just now on LBC as another report is due to drop today. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

On 08/03/2022 at 20:13, mjmooney said:

Cocomelon

This word removed. 

Obviously Jack is too young to “watch” stuff like this but we’ve put a couple of things on in the background for him to look at lights and shapes. 

Put Cocomelon on one day. **** me what absolute shite. 

They’re not even proper songs. It’s like someone is making a song up on the fly with just random thoughts. 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This word removed. 

Obviously Jack is too young to “watch” stuff like this but we’ve put a couple of things on in the background for him to look at lights and shapes. 

Put Cocomelon on one day. **** me what absolute shite. 

They’re not even proper songs. It’s like someone is making a song up on the fly with just random thoughts. 

It's mental torture. That and Baby **** ing Shark. 

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's mental torture. That and Baby **** ing Shark. 

At least Baby Shark is a song. It's got proper lyrics and tune and everything.

Cocomelon is just nothing.

To the tune of Grand Old Duke of York

Oh look there is a black cat
I like cats they are cool
Look over there at that chocolate milk
Purple monkey sheep

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Purple monkey sheep

Genuinely better than some Dylan songs 👏👏👏👏

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Purple monkey sheep

I've been wanting to articulate this in a post for a long time but you've nailed it for me.

Coco melon and baby bus...utter wank.

• Like 1

Cocomelon is utter shit, but at least you sort of feel like it's meant to be utter shit.  It's there purely as a distraction for kids - nothing else.  Shit songs, often with the same tune but different lyrics, they don't give a shit.

Bing, on the other hand... **** me, what a horrific program.  There's nothing likeable about that whiny, selfish clearing in the woods of a "bunny".  At least Cocomelon has catchy tunes at times.

The Happy Song by Imogen Heap is my top tip for soothing babies. It’s on spotify

Dont know what it is about the song but as soon as it’s played Jack calms right down. 

It’s insanely annoying, but given its efficacy I can safely conclude that it is the greatest record of all time 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bing, on the other hand... **** me, what a horrific program.  There's nothing likeable about that whiny, selfish clearing in the woods of a "bunny".  At least Cocomelon has catchy tunes at times.

To save repeating myself: 

Screenshot_2022-03-31-18-59-15-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Anxiety_Bing.gif

Â