The VT Baby club

kimmie

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh by the way it's a boy. And I very early on got the name Jack on the table and to the top of the list.

Now Jack has gone to Man City, but the name remains in pole position.

I've made a terrible mistake

My neighbours (Villa ST holders) got a dog about a month ago, called it Jack. Full of regret now :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh by the way it's a boy. And I very early on got the name Jack on the table and to the top of the list.

Now Jack has gone to Man City, but the name remains in pole position.

I've made a terrible mistake

Congrats! I think ;) 

Never mind about Jack, I reckon Anwar sounds good :) 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

*Sigh*

January 3rd. I'm joining the club

Congrats. You'll love it. .. Except when you hate it... 

But you'll love it more than you hate it and when you do hate it the kid will do something ridiculously mundane but you'll melt and love it again. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Congrats. You'll love it. .. Except when you hate it... 

But you'll love it more than you hate it and when you do hate it the kid will do something ridiculously mundane but you'll melt and love it again. 

This. Congrats mate.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

*Sigh*

January 3rd. I'm joining the club

Congratulations..

You won't feel the same way about children when he grips your finger for the first time.

Then he'll promptly shit on you during bath time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately it's a bit strange as me and the other half have now split up. Which is obviously shit. But we'll make it work.

I am genuinely excited. I hate kids but I'll love my own :D 

For what it’s worth, speaking as someone who hadn’t planned on having a child and wasn’t exactly on the best terms with the mother during the pregnancy, if you find yourself in a co parenting dynamic, it’s really not a bad situation at all.

You’ll still maintain a reasonable amount of “freedom”, although if you’re like me you may find your enthusiasm for being out partying until the early hours reduces with both age and parenthood. You will have spare time to do what you want that wouldn’t get when with your partner.

Or you’ll end up back with your mrs. There are positives to take in either scenario.

Whichever it ultimately is, the strong likelihood is you’ll adapt very quickly without even realising it. Trust me, the “new norm” isn’t as bad as you think it will be (or may have previously thought).

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For what it’s worth, speaking as someone who hadn’t planned on having a child and wasn’t exactly on the best terms with the mother during the pregnancy, if you find yourself in a co parenting dynamic, it’s really not a bad situation at all.

You’ll still maintain a reasonable amount of “freedom”, although if you’re like me you may find your enthusiasm for being out partying until the early hours reduces with both age and parenthood. You will have spare time to do what you want that wouldn’t get when with your partner.

Or you’ll end up back with your mrs. There are positives to take in either scenario.

Whichever it ultimately is, the strong likelihood is you’ll adapt very quickly without even realising it. Trust me, the “new norm” isn’t as bad as you think it will be (or may have previously thought).

Cheers, that's good to know.

To be honest I'm not really worried about me. I am obviously down about it and would rather it was different, but I'm more worried about the added stress and strain it's putting on her. That's what i feel guilty about

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Cheers, that's good to know.

To be honest I'm not really worried about me. I am obviously down about it and would rather it was different, but I'm more worried about the added stress and strain it's putting on her. That's what i feel guilty about

Are you in a relationship with someone else now (as that adds yet another dimension to things)? 
I’m sure you’ll find a way through it that works for the 3 of you. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are you in a relationship with someone else now (as that adds yet another dimension to things)? 
I’m sure you’ll find a way through it that works for the 3 of you. 

Nope. Not even thinking about anyone else.

Let's continue the discussion in the relationship thread. This thread should be a happy place :) 

• Like 1

happy place? my 1 year old currently has farting trouble in her sleep, she wakes up at least 10 times a night, cries for 30 seconds because she cant get it out, wakes me up, then either succeeds and goes back to sleep or just goes back to sleep anyway, fully wakes up for the day sometime between 5.30am and 6.30am

the sleep is getting worse not better, newborn was easier, that was wake up, bottle, burp, back to sleep for 3 hours, the i lack of pattern and deep sleep now is killing me

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

happy place? my 1 year old currently has farting trouble in her sleep, she wakes up at least 10 times a night, cries for 30 seconds because she cant get it out, wakes me up, then either succeeds and goes back to sleep or just goes back to sleep anyway, fully wakes up for the day sometime between 5.30am and 6.30am

the sleep is getting worse not better, newborn was easier, that was wake up, bottle, burp, back to sleep for 3 hours, the i lack of pattern and deep sleep now is killing me

I'm guessing at 1 she's coming off milk and onto full time proper food?

If it's gas, try baby massage when she's had a bath, rub her tummy in a clock-wise action with a firm, but not too firm, press. 

Also, lie her on her back and push her feet up and knees into her stomach.

or try things like;

https://www.coliccalm.co.uk/tummy-calm.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1JeJBhB9EiwAV612y9tpc1xO4EVc_fKzRJRrHDfD_TQsA9MtHB5bvjqVaFaHn5c89UH0whoCTZoQAvD_BwE

For gassy tummies.

Really give her back a good rub after her bedtime bottle.

I'm sure you've already tried all those, but we had that problem with our first (albeit before bedtime) and it worked for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've not had a full night's sleep for 4 years. I miss sleep.

My body clock has also completely reset and no matter how tired I am or if my son wakes up or not, I am now wide awake at 6am every day. 

• Like 1

Tbh, I used to love the nighttime feeds. Pitch black outside, just me and the bobba having a few minutes together.

It did help that we had the entire process perfected.

Sleep, cry, feed, change, sleep again -> 20 minutes. 
Me and the wife would do 1 each in the night.

9pm feed then we’d all go to bed. Midnight = me

3am = wife

6am = we’d all wake up. 

It worked well with both children and didn’t really cause any extreme tiredness.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Routine, routine, routine.

Make baby fit YOUR routine. 

It might take a few days, it might take a few months, but they WILL learn.

Don't change from it, because they smell weakness! 

I loved having baby babies 😍💕

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saw on Facebook that it's baby loss awareness week and tonight was a global light a candle if you've lost a baby

We've got a little girl, 17 months old but we lost one at 10 weeks last September, hard to explain it really, I think getting pregnant so fast after the birth of the first when we weren't trying and then also losing it so quickly made it seem also not real, surprised me how horrible the operation was for my wife and that was kind of my focus, now we are trying for a 2nd it does come back every now and then, never quite sure what to make of it

I do know that at least 3 of my mates have also lost babies, later than me too, 1 of them very late, it's probably more common than people think, just very hard to know what to say to each other about it

Thinking of you mate and fully feeling your situation. We've got 2 kids and also lost one in between at 13 weeks. 

At the time we had already had one kid and felt like we were immune. How could we lose a kid when we already had one healthy one, it just wasn't on our radar. Only later did we realise how cruely common it was. 

Now I don't know how to think about it. Is it another baby completely? Is it the daughter I later ended up with? Would it have meant we wouldn't have had my daughter after all.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Â