The VT Baby club

kimmie

Wow, incredible 24 hours @Stevo985 congratulations.

My boys birth was textbook.

My daughters was absolutely horrific. A slowing heart rate, the contractions stopped, a room full of doctors and midwife’s, it was truly terrifying but alls well that end well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah she had a massive haemorrhage after he came out and had to have a couple of transfusions. They were catching the blood in buckets there was so much of it. I wasn't there but sounds like it was genuinely touch and go!

Anyway she's fine now. And he's amazing. Just back from seeing him. They managed to sneak me in (Covid means technically only your birthing partner is able to see you, which was her mom).

Got to spend a couple of hours with him. He's awesome

Great news you’ve met baby Keinan. How’s your relationship with the mum? Is it amicable?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Great news you’ve met baby Keinan. How’s your relationship with the mum? Is it amicable?

Yeah it's fine with her. Not so much with her family (I haven't spoken to them in months but they apparently hate me, which is understandable)

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's fine with her. Not so much with her family (I haven't spoken to them in months but they apparently hate me, which is understandable)

She’s the main one, and I’m sure you’ll see her right which will be fed back to the others. 
Give it time and a workable plan will emerge I’m sure. Congratulations again 👍

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah she had a massive haemorrhage after he came out and had to have a couple of transfusions. They were catching the blood in buckets there was so much of it. I wasn't there but sounds like it was genuinely touch and go!

Good to here she's ok. We had the same thing with our first. The nurses sat the boy in my lap while running around like (organized) madmen to sow up the missus. I lost it, walked out of the room, gave my newborn to the nearest nurse, went outside and hyperventiladed. Not my proudest move and reaction.

All went well and I think I'm forgiven

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a Dad

Well well well.... never thought I would see the day :)

Congratulations! Glad to hear baby and mother are doing well now... sounds like it was a terrifying few hours. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Do people still have home births? You don’t hear about them much these days. If something happens like what happened to Steve’s baby momma it’s pretty much death.

Our #2 granddaughter was born at home, three years ago. In a birthing pool in the living room. No problems, fortunately. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Do people still have home births? You don’t hear about them much these days. If something happens like what happened to Steve’s baby momma it’s pretty much death.

My brothers missus by accident... You have to be careful where you step on the carpet 😂

They messed it up then the ambulance missed it up, put my nephew in a lot of danger, her mom delivered him and it was over an hour until anyone turned up 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

A couple of the kids (or their siblings) from our NCt course were home births and all went well. 

My wife started hemorrhaging during her C-Section and was pretty freaked out by it. I have zero memory of that though and think I've blanked it out. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Then the stony faced midwife rocked up and it was if I’d taken her commission or something - she was not happy 😅

We must have had about 12 different midwives when my wife was in hospital for a week, all of them were lovely.

But the three that visited our home to do the follow up check things, all of them were moody arseholes. One was a proper scary Miss Trunchbull type.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We must have had about 12 different midwives when my wife was in hospital for a week, all of them were lovely.

But the three that visited our home to do the follow up check things, all of them were moody arseholes. One was a proper scary Miss Trunchbull type.

We had similar with the pre-natal/labor ward as all the midwives were fantastic and really kind, and the rooms were very nice. Then we moved to post-natal care and it was like going back in time with the facilities and care provided, you could tell they just wanted to get you out. 

Pre-natal was also one of the eye opening moments for me as I realised that even with my wife in labor and suffering a lot of pain, I was still going to stare at the hot midwifes cleavage as she bent forward. Not my classiest moment. 

• Haha 2

Â