The VT Baby club

kimmie

The sleeping patterns change but they don't get better, wait until your little un wakes up at 3am and wants to play... 

And maybe a little late to suggest this but if you're bottle feeding get a Cool Twister, absolutely magical things, you store it in the fridge with a little bit of water in it, 2am bottle feed you pour the boiling water out of the kettle in to it and it effectively filters out the heat, takes about 2 mins for the kettle to boil and 2 mins to cool the water down, easy as that 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And maybe a little late to suggest this but if you're bottle feeding get a Cool Twister, absolutely magical things, you store it in the fridge with a little bit of water in it, 2am bottle feed you pour the boiling water out of the kettle in to it and it effectively filters out the heat, takes about 2 mins for the kettle to boil and 2 mins to cool the water down, easy as that 

This sounds incredible. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's good going, glad it's getting better!

We had very similar issue where he would only sleep on us but we've just managed to get him to sleep by himself in a Sleepyhead which is a step in the right direction. Would recommend trying a Sleepyhead if you haven't already, it was the only thing that he'd sleep in other than being lay on us all night. Though, I guess it's a bit of a lottery with what works and what doesn't at this age. Just gotta try everything. 

Swaddling is what's worked for us more than anything as well.

Technically you're not supposed to. Up until last year it was fine but they now advise that you put absolutely nothing in their crib. But we swaddled him one day when we could keep an eye on him and he slept for a few hours so now we're swaddling him at night too if he won't go to sleep on his own.

Helps loads

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The sleeping patterns change but they don't get better, wait until your little un wakes up at 3am and wants to play... 

My lad would only have his bottles at very specific warm temperatures.

My daughter would have then however they came. Room temperature, no problem. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

This sounds great. We have a bottle warmer but it takes **** ages while he’s going mental. 

“I’m warming it up you little shit! Be quiet”

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah she's a prick to be honest. The issue is the Ex can't help but compare herself to her. She had on instagram that she'd gone on a walk a few days after giving birth and Jack's mom was all annoyed and felt bad because we hadn't been out yet. But this other girl had a really straight forward birth. Ours was horiffic so of course it would take us longer to go for walks and stuff.
So yeah I just laugh it off but she takes it to heart

We're getting on really well actually. Nothing romantic is happening, I don't get the impression she wants to try anything. 
But as a plutonic relationship it's great. 
And I think we both acknowledge that currently we're getting a lot out of the situation. I get to spend as much time as possible with him, and she gets round the clock support from me.

So it's mutually beneficial

Don't be surprised if when your lads between 9 and 18 months old and she's missing having a newborn if she suggests "getting a takeaway and watching a movie, might as well have a few beers, oh it's late, stay over now."

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This sounds great. We have a bottle warmer but it takes **** ages while he’s going mental. 

“I’m warming it up you little shit! Be quiet”

Tommee Tippie perfect prep is pretty awesome for this.  Our two were pretty much entirely breastfed, but there were some times when I needed to bottle feed.  We picked one up second hand and you basically just put water and formula in and it "spits it out" at exactly the perfect temperature.  Takes about 3 minutes to do a bottle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Tommee Tippie perfect prep is pretty awesome for this.  Our two were pretty much entirely breastfed, but there were some times when I needed to bottle feed.  We picked one up second hand and you basically just put water and formula in and it "spits it out" at exactly the perfect temperature.  Takes about 3 minutes to do a bottle.

We had one of those. Used it once, the little one refused it. Turns out she only liked cold formula, didn't want it warm. Babies....

• Haha 1

I had two kids within 18 months after a good few years of trying, and whilst the first was easy as a newborn, our daughter was so tricky - really bad reflux and tongue tie. We got the tongue tie snipped (privately as the NHS wouldn't do it because she was bottle fed, even though it was causing her all sorts of problems) and then she went onto Omeprazole, which was a game changer. Still a bit sicky, but able to keep down most of her feeds and was generally a much happier baby. We weaned her off it at about 18 weeks and she's been great since.

Also second the Sleepyhead recommendation (now called DockATot I think). Technically they're not recommended for sleeping due to the risk of SIDS, but we used one for both of ours until they showed signs of attempting to roll and it was brilliant. Like swaddling, just made them feel more secure and less likely to thrash about. Also second the Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine - would be totally lost without ours. Bottles done in 2 mins.

Reflux babies are f***ing hard. I genuinely think it was the toughest 4 months of my life when our daughter was a newborn. But stick with it, it will get better and try to ignore social media posts from others who appear to be finding it all easy. One influencer who had 2 kids under 2 like me posted regularly about her perfect life with the newborn and a toddler, when I knew for a fact that she had a nanny and a night nurse...

1 hour ago, GeorgeVilla82 said:

Reflux babies are f***ing hard. 

Damn straight. Our youngest GD had terrible reflux problems, which taxed my daughter and her husband severely - particularly as they both got covid in the first (pre-vaccine) wave. It only cleared up when she was fully weaned. She's now a happy two year old (spent the day with us today). 

Parenting is not for wimps, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

NIP 95.3740/00 Cool Twister, bottle-water cooler : Amazon.co.uk: Baby Products

£20, it will change your life

can only find a german explanation video, boiling hot water to baby bottle temperature in 80 seconds

Press one button- perfect formula - I would shag whoever made this.

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I’m another in this camp. Used this for both ours and was ideal for a quick bottle for night feeds!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know whether to post this in the TV thread or here. But, I just thought you guys should know.

Turns out, Bluey is a girl. 

I never knew. 

Here's my god tier Cbeebies shows

Spoiler

Bing 

Bluey

Hey Duggie

Here's my shit tier Cbeebies shows

Spoiler

Nick Pope Podcast

Molly and Mack

Old Jack's word removed

I also like how the reboot of Big Cook, Little Cook has the exact same songs and actions to said songs as the original run with the two chaps. I can still remember them all from when my brother was a little kid.

Edited by hogso

22 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Bing? BING???! BING!!!!!!?????

Don't you think it's hilarious. He **** up every episode. We play a game where we guess what's going to go wrong. 

My favourite is where he has a carrot (his favourite) but gets too excited, and chucks it in a blender by accident, and gets really mardy. 

It take me some time to come round to it, I will admit. 

Just now, hogso said:

Don't you think it's hilarious. He **** up every episode. We play a game where we guess what's going to go wrong. 

My favourite is where he has a carrot (his favourite) but gets too excited, and chucks it in a blender by accident, and gets really mardy. 

It take me some time to come round to it, I will admit. 

I think the key phrase you've used there is "really mardy" 😄

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Not Cbeebies. 🤔

It comes and goes. I think BBC currently has Peppa in Welsh and Gaelic. Otherwise, it's on Netflix and YouTube Kids. 

Â