The VT Baby club

kimmie

When my daughter was born,  she's 21 now. We got into a routine where I would do the night bottle. She was really good. Woke up sometime between 12 and 1 half hour feed and burp then sleep through till 7:30. I would click on tv and there was a an old police drama from the 80's called Juliet BRavo. One week she some up at just the right time for me to watch it. So come Friday it was the last episode, she didn't wake up, slept through. I still far to get up, couldn't miss the last one

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm generally adverse to violence but with that guy I'd make an exception.

He seems to be the American version of Mister Tumble. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

To save repeating myself: 

Screenshot_2022-03-31-18-59-15-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It kind of is the teaching toddler stuff, but it's mostly this shit bunny on an ego trip.

Not to mention that sometimes he speaks properly and sometimes he doesn't.  Even in the same episode/summary, it'll be something like "I hurted my arm - but even when I hurt my arm, it was OK because...".  **** off Bing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not to mention that sometimes he speaks properly and sometimes he doesn't.  Even in the same episode/summary, it'll be something like "I hurted my arm - but even when I hurt my arm, it was OK because..."

That's what real toddlers do. 

I feel like the defence counsel for a known criminal. 

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2022 at 10:05, Davkaus said:

That feels like a long time ago. We spent 12 hours in low dependency, at which point a severe deterioration occurred. We feel absolutely certain due to unsafe staffing levels, again, that we'd have been preparing for a funeral by now if we'd not been there to intervene at the time. This is hard enough, without being in a situation in which you can't trust the hospital to keep your child safe, so feel like you need to be there at all times, and it's far from an isolated incident. There's a reason the trust we're at has been investigated by the Care Quality Commission several times over and their maternity services are rated 'inadequate'.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/nottingham-hospitals-387-families-come-6863433

40 babies suffered what have been considered avoidable brain damage (and we're probably another one to add to the list), 19 born stillborn that could have been avoided. We're just another statistic in the list of avoidable life changing injuries in this maternity unit.

There's nothing to really tie this account to my real name or anything, but I should probably not post much more in the way of details because this is almost certainly ending up in court when we get her home.

Hope you’re all doing alright pal, or at least as well as can be.

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

1. Thomas the tank engine (pre-digital age)

2. Dinosaur Train

3. Dino Dana

4. Bluey

5. Cory Carson

There's your top 5 kids shows

Bluey is brilliant. Check out Grizzly and the Lemings on Netflix, my lad loves it. Basically a updated looney toons type show. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

My boy is due in 6 weeks.  He will not be watching any of the above, he will be watching Predator and Robocop.

Trust me, he’ll be watching whatever keeps him quiet.

For my 2 it was Mr Bean, both the animated version and the old Roman Atkinson version. As soon as they started getting a bit rowdy I’d put Mr Bean on and they’d sit down at watch it.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Trust me, he’ll be watching whatever keeps him quiet.

For my 2 it was Mr Bean, both the animated version and the old Roman Atkinson version. As soon as they started getting a bit rowdy I’d put Mr Bean on and they’d sit down at watch it.

Yea my kids like both of those and I like the live-action ones too, so it's cool.

Masha and the Bear is also great for a bit of "Ren and Stimpy" like chaos. 

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

1. Thomas the tank engine (pre-digital age)

2. Dinosaur Train

3. Dino Dana

4. Bluey

5. Cory Carson

There's your top 5 kids shows

Bluey is number one by a **** mile.  Hey Duggee also fantastic but I've seen it far too much.

Maybe after those two... Ben & Holly isn't bad and PJ Masks feels like a decent (albeit slightly annoying) introduction to the whole superhero thing.

Â