PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a **** joke, only just heard about this, absolute piss take in this day and age, I'm livid!!!

I mean, it's not as if the undersoil heating has to work all year round is it! Useless pricks, Wigan should be fined for this!

Feel sorry for the players for twice this week being stuck in shitholes like Wigan and Blackburn!

[pedant]or even bolton and preston[/pedant] :winkold:

this week was meant to be fantastic - driving up to blackburn then to wigan. I was more excited about this week than i was about christmas. Only for both games to be called off. **** shite weather, bit of snow and the country goes into **** meltdown.

exactly my thoughts. these two games were a bit of respite for my first week back at college whilst the rest of the country (don't live in brum) seemingly had a fun week in the snow.

the whole situation is a joke. what happened to contingency plans, eh? if it broke at 5pm where was the tent and the heated blowers?! surely if they didn't already have some they could've got them relatively quickly and we'd all be on the way to the game now!

These delays suit Chelsea better than anyone. A whole month without Drogba, Essien and Mikel could well turn into just a couple of games the way it's going.

Good point!

It’s a good job that the teams battling round us wont benefit much from this.

Id've settled for a 5-a-side game against wigan with all 3,000 villa fans cheering the boys on.

mY team would be as follows:

Friedel

Dunne

Milner

A. Young

Gabby

Seriously though, Wigan should be ashamed of themselves...after all the hard work that went into clearing the surrounding areas its the friggin undersoil heating that fails! I covered my car windscreen with a blanket over night and it was fine this morning as I made my way to wait for my coach upto wigan. Now obviousy a pitch is different to a windscreen, but you get the jist of what im saying - a bit of common sense was needed and for Wigan to not cover the pitch atall waqs just a ridiculous thing to do!

Villa's away trip to Wigan Athletic in the Barclays Premier League has been rearranged for Tuesday March 16.

The match takes place at the DW Stadium with kick-off at 7.45pm.

However, the fixture is subject to postponement, should either club be involved in an FA Cup sixth round replay.

Martin O'Neill's men were due to face Wigan last Saturday, but the game fell victim to the recent cold snap.

Link

• 1 month later...

We really need to win this one, especially after only getting a point today, I would go with (providing all are fit):

GK Friedel

RB Cuellar

CB Collins

CB Dunne

LB Warnock

RM A.Young

CM Milner

CM Petrov ©

LM Downing

CF Gabby

CF Carew

Subs: Guzan, L.Young, Beye, Sidwell, Delph, Heskey, Delfouneso

Wigan lost 4-0 today so hopefully that will work in our favour on Tuesday...Although they did beat Liverpool at the DW.