PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a season defining game imo if we win top 4 is still a possibility if we lose or draw i think it will be out of reach. But even if we dont get top 4 this will still be one of my most memorable seasons for a long long time. 2 Wembley appearances maybe 3 and a team with a bit of fine tuning and 1 or 2 additions could possibly challenge for top 4 in years to come

Well I don't think it is too ove the top saying the next three games make or break our season.

Win Wigan, Wolves and Sunderland - I reckon we are favourites for that elusive (but disgusting 4th position - since when did finishing 4th become the be all and end all of football)

Anything less than 9 points and I think that is it really, mentally more than anything. We would always be playing catch up.

If we do win all three, and bearing in mond Scousers have Man U on Sunday. I reckon Liverpool could be out of it come next Thursday.

Tonight, depends on team.

Think we could get away resting Dunne, putting Cueller and Collins at the back , Young at RB making us more attacking.

Gabby in for the mule

Bobs your uncle - 2 or 3 nil win.

If it was the team of the last two games, expect another bore draw

We will win this. Wigan are down near the bottom because they are way colder than they are hot. Their defence is well dodge and the way caldwell is playing for them we should at least score. They have a threat with zgobia but if we keep him relatively quiet i think we will be ok. Can see us winning this one 2-0 maybe 3-1.

As for beating them by a few goals for goal differences purposes, not the game for that in my opinion. Just got to win this one

This is a season defining game imo if we win top 4 is still a possibility if we lose or draw i think it will be out of reach. But even if we dont get top 4 this will still be one of my most memorable seasons for a long long time. 2 Wembley appearances maybe 3 and a team with a bit of fine tuning and 1 or 2 additions could possibly challenge for top 4 in years to come

Perspective. At last.

Guest Ricardomeister
The likelyhood of a team selection that doesnt feauture atleast 10 of the 11 that started last week?

Minimal.

and rightly so

If you want a solid defence, a tired midfield and a toothless attack and are happy with yet another 0-0 draw. This is a must win game so I would much prefer to see 3 or 4 fresh sets of legs and ideas....plus maybe even some tactical subs if things are not going to plan where the subs actually have time to make an impact. We have a squad of players, not just 11 or 12 so we need to use the squad or our season will fall away as it did last season imo.

I know it aint gonna happen but i'd like to see this side...

-----------------Guzan----------------------

Young------Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock----

Albrighton--Petrov--Delph--Milner--Young

------------------Carew---------------------

That while risky should still be a strong enough side to get us a result and rests almost half a side: Friedel, Collins, Downing, Heskey, Agbonlahor - all of whom could start against Wolves.

The likelyhood of a team selection that doesnt feauture atleast 10 of the 11 that started last week?

Minimal.

and rightly so

If you want a solid defence, a tired midfield and a toothless attack and are happy with yet another 0-0 draw. This is a must win game so I would much prefer to see 3 or 4 fresh sets of legs and ideas....plus maybe even some tactical subs if things are not going to plan where the subs actually have time to make an impact. We have a squad of players, not just 11 or 12 so we need to use the squad or our season will fall away as it did last season imo.

Exactly, we need a win! So best XI possible. Tired professional footballers do not exist in my book. Its a bollocks excuse for a crap result!!!