PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this week was meant to be fantastic - driving up to blackburn then to wigan. I was more excited about this week than i was about christmas. Only for both games to be called off. **** shite weather, bit of snow and the country goes into **** meltdown.

The pitch wasn't even covered?

Why bother with the pitch inspection at all, what were they hoping for?

exactly - a bit of graft to cover the pitch last night may have seen it on. It was like they just gave up when the heating broke. At least it wasn't due to them not being arsed to clear the snow from round the ground like some clubs (bindippers)

looks like another weekday trip up north then!

**** Wigan **** up their own under-soil heating. This is annoying me now... two consecutive games of ours getting called off, which is bad because this game is going to have to played during mid-week at some point now. Oh well, shit happens but the Blackburn game on Thursday better get played!

I suspect the real reason is that they couldn't provide enough heat to defrost the humble pies they were expecting to eat ;)

Drat ! and I had just filled my thermos with cowing Bovril !

Oh well on the bright side it gives Milner a few more days rest to get over any injuries he might have been suffering

I suspect the real reason is that they couldn't provide enough heat to defrost the humble pies they were expecting to eat ;)

Drat ! and I had just filled my thermos with cowing Bovril !

Oh well on the bright side it gives Milner a few more days rest to get over any injuries he might have been suffering

If Milner was let out side he would have cleared the snow and the game would have been on!

I think people are being harsh on Wigan.

The article says the undersoil heating has been running on full power for over a fortnight - it's just sod's law that it broke down at 5pm last night and they couldn't get the parts to fix it at such short notice.

I very much doubt putting covers on would have made a big difference. Not sure what more Wigan could have done.