PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackburn had several inches of snow in the space of about 2 hours.. there were car accidents all around the area, which was the main reason for the game being off. The forecast for the next few days is cold and a bit of snow, but we shouldn't get anything the local authorities and ground staff can't handle.

Need a result this game, 3 losses on the bounce will damage our confidence, no matter who 2 of them were against. Wigan are looking pretty poor right now, but Wigan can sometimes just play a blinder out of nowhere... so we will need to really come back strong.

There game was at home at 3 last Sat so would imagine it will be good to go. Its the night game that seem to be falling victim of the weather.

Badly need the 3 points here and can then relax and watch the pool v spurs on sunday hopefually playin out a draw

Well it's Tuesday, nearly 2 pm and it's still snowing and there's already about 4 to 5 inches lying.

Just been told by the neighbour that Wigan Council have run out of Grit and as the DW is effectively on an unadopted road / retail park it probably won't get cleared unless dave Whelan coughs up for it

Hmmmmmm

Will keep you updated

If it's called off we will have a BIG rest considering it was only reserve players against Blackburn in the FA Cup. We'll have to play a lot of games in a short space of days which will be tough. Annoyed at this as I also think this game will be called off.

Please, please don't be off, this is the most complicated away day I have ever had to sort out. Managed to find acceptable train prices so we have got enough beer money left and sort taxis out. If it's off I will be gutted! Wigan away is quality!

I would go with:

GK Friedel

RB L.Young

CB Cuellar

CB Dunne

LB Warnock

CM Reo-Coker

CM Petrov ©

CM Milner (if not fit, Delph)

LF Downing

CF Gabby

RF A.Young

CM

CM

Desperately need the win here, even a draw is not good enough. We also owe them from the first game of the season.

Another defeat will see confidence crumble IMO and leave us too much chasing to do (thoughts of last year will come flooding back)

Will be gutted if it's off.

Hope it stop's snowing and clears up about friday 12pm...

Would go:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Coker Delph Milner

Downing Gabby Young

This for me. Delph and Milner interchanging with Ash and DJ with NRC covering. Would be awesome. Won't happen though - 4-4-2 with Stan and Emile back in I reckon.

We're gonna start with 4-4-2. I don't know why people kid themselves into thinking it'll be anything else.

We'll only start 4-5-1 if both carew and Heskey are injured.

I don't think any of us are Stevo. We're just discussing what we would like to see.