PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im shitting myself to be honest. Think if we lose this we are struggling to get 4th although Im not saying were going to lose. Just think its our biggest league game of the season so far and we must win. Draw = No good

And I dont get why people are saying throw Marc Albrighton in there??????????

This is a MUST win game against a very unpredictable side. Best 11 please.

Im sure Albrighton will be an excellent player in time, but hes hardly a match winner atm.

Seems to me that a lot of people in on here take league positions for granted. This is very loseable as Wigan showed against Liverpool.

People are saying this is a "must win" game but they are also proposing significant changes to the team, bringing in one or two relatively untried players.

Don't think that adds up & I suspect Martin will go with what he sees as his strongest side.

Is there a repeat of the match on afterwards or highlights?
Yes, on Sky Sports 2 at 10.30

Im expecting a draw but i feel whatever result we get tonight will have a huge bearing on how our season turns out. Liverpool winning last night puts the pressure on so itll be interesting to see how the team copes.

Its ok having games in hand but you then have to win those. Id rather we were six points ahead of the others with them having the games in hand.

I think MON will start Gabby and Heskey and bring on Carew for the last 20mins.( Big suprise there eh.....)

"Having said that, it is the utilisation of the squad now from here on in that I'm hoping will sort things out. We've had to re-arrange a lot of games.

actions, not words, Mr O'Neill, if you please.

You said similar at the start of the season, yet still we have seen very little evidence of rotation.

If you don't rotate heavily now, many of the players will simply be out on their feet.

Let's also hope NRC gets fit soon, so we can give stan a much earned rest.

Don't think that adds up & I suspect Martin will go with what he sees as his strongest side.

you don't say!

MON in selecting same 11 again shocker. :mrgreen:

i would rest collins and cuellar (put them on the bench) and bring curt and l young in. id play carew and heskey up front and leave milner on the bench in for delph

Your havin a laff mate. Yeah lets leave Milner on the bench!!!

Id go

Friedel

Luke Young, Collins, Dunne, Warnock

Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing,

Heskey, Agbonlahor

Because thats are best XI thats got us this far (bar Cueller). Heskeys always good against his former clubs and we want to win the game

Only change I would make is to have Young at RB with Cuellar moved to CB for Collins.

This is a must win game so we need a full strength team out in all honesty. Lose this and the chances of getting fourth become even slimmer than they already are. Even a draw would be a serious blow. Now is the moment that may define our season. Time for MON and the lads to step up.

I think we will win 2-1. UTV!

Guest Ricardomeister

For me:

Friedel

Luke Dunne Cuellar Warnock

Milner Sidwell Petrov Delph Ash

Gabby

But MON will probably play

Friedel

Cuellar Dunne Collins Warnock

Petrov

Ash Milner Heskey Downing

Gabby

I think most of the midfield, except maybe Ash, need a game or 2 to rest as they have looked jaded. Obviously you wouldn't want to rest them all at the same time so I think bringing in Sidwell and Delph is sensible tonight. If MON doesn't think they are good enough to do well against Wigan then I presume he will sell them in the summer! If we keep playing the same jaded players then not only will our league campaign disintegrate like last season, but we will get hammered at Wembley imo.

As with the rest of our games left this season, this is a must win.

I thought Stoke would be a bore draw and it was, any other season and a point from the Britannia is fine but last week we needed a win n tonight we need a win.

Games in hand dont mean shit, its points on the board we need to put the frightners on the teams around us.