PL: Wigan a Match Thread 2009/03/16 19:45

limpid

The heating breaking down wasn't their fault (in a way) but i really cant understand why they didnt put covers on and hire in some heaters like we used to in the days before undersoil heating

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are being harsh on Wigan.

The article says the undersoil heating has been running on full power for over a fortnight - it's just sod's law that it broke down at 5pm last night and they couldn't get the parts to fix it at such short notice.

I very much doubt putting covers on would have made a big difference. Not sure what more Wigan could have done.

Pretty much agree with this!.. But maybe they could of got the blowers on the go...

Wrong thread maybe but what I don't understand is the SHA and the West Ham game being played when there are games off around them. Also they put the SSN cameras around Anfield and there did not look a problem with the surrounding area.

this is a blessing in disguise for thursdays game against blackburn as it has gave us plenty of time to rest and practise as they play man city on monday

They will probably field an under strength team against man city, gifting them the points!

No blessing there!

The rearranged game probably won't be for another 2 months now like what happened with West Ham last season when we played them months on end after the original fixture due to congestion. Remember we are in both Carling Cup and FA Cup so it might be tricky. And I'm guessing it will be midweek, so an inconvenience for majority occurs.

I think people are being harsh on Wigan.

The article says the undersoil heating has been running on full power for over a fortnight - it's just sod's law that it broke down at 5pm last night and they couldn't get the parts to fix it at such short notice.

I very much doubt putting covers on would have made a big difference. Not sure what more Wigan could have done.

You think Dave Wheelen would have his undersoil heating running at full blast for 2 weeks? No chance.

Most clubs would have had some backup plan. A big tent and a few heaters would have done the job.

What we did about 13years ago against Liverpool at home! This is the Premier League not the Championship! Games should not be cancelled due to Frozen pitches! A disgrace if you ask me!

Now I have money lost due to time off work and watsted money on travel. If it was for stuff out of their control fair enough but a frozen pitch is a piss take. Im tempted to take the bastards to court over my trian fare.

West Ham will be our first league game for nearly 3 weeks, so much for a busy january

I'm worried about the fixture congestion now. The big break now is good, however we will have games coming thick and fast. It could affect our league and cup run which is a big worry to me...