PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Petrov is shit. I just think the way he plays for us doesn't suit us.

Because he's a good technical player, but he isn't strong enough defensively to play in a 2 man midfield, and attackers often have to track back to give him support. And he does tend to slow things down.

By the way, I do hope I'm really wrong, If you know my posts, I do support Mon alot but I don't agree with this decision at all. I only post what I'm posting because I care about Villa getting 3 points and I think this hampers our chances of getting those 3 points.

I agree with you mate seriously I just don't understand why people get so vexed before a game.

I can't wait to watch Villa doesn't matter who is playing if MON is wrong I will say that after the game.

Sit back and enjoy football mate

I usually do wait and comment after the game but this is something I do feel strongly about but CMON THE VILLA.

The Liverpool - Man City result is good for us; we're now fifth before we play today. Level on points and games played with City atm, and Liverpool are both a point and a game behind us!

So, all the more reason to get behind the lads, whoever's playing.

UP THE VILLA!

Petrov is good at keeping the ball but he is crab like.

That's the point though, he's good at keeping the ball. It's a myth that Petrov never passes forward. Yes, he passes the ball sideways alot, but who cares if it keps us posession. People go on and on and on about us playing hoof ball, and when we do start passing it, we're not passing it exactly how certain posters would like.

You don't keep posession hoofing it, but you don't keep posession if you don't play the ball backwards half the time either, there's only so far forward you can go.

Petrov is good at keeping the ball but he is crab like.

That's the point though, he's good at keeping the ball. It's a myth that Petrov never passes forward. Yes, he passes the ball sideways alot, but who cares if it keps us posession. People go on and on and on about us playing hoof ball, and when we do start passing it, we're not passing it exactly how certain posters would like.

You don't keep posession hoofing it, but you don't keep posession if you don't play the ball backwards half the time either, there's only so far forward you can go.

Yeah but the keeping of possesion only leads to a long ball, because he keeps possesion before a team puts more on more pressure on before we lump it long. If we had someone like Kranjcar playing from the left and then a Tuncay in for Carew who drop off into space then you can use Petrov to find those players, but our players don't, we are a direct team who get into the strikers and get it wide.

With NRC and Sidwell it's usually:

Direct ball - Win the second ball because of highly competitive central midfielders, who give it simple out wide.

with Petrov - Pass, pass, pass, long, lose second ball because Petrov is so deep and Sidwell is out-numbered in winning the second ball.

That's the point I'm trying to make, possesion is useless if you don't do anything with it, so while Petrov keeps the ball for us, it only means we end up actually losing the ball.