PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we will know in 2 hours if its a mistake but all I can say is NRC must have slept with MON's wife, daughter, son and father !!!!

If I was Nige - I would be seriously seriously peed off and would look to leave next month.

Put out into cold, come back in as CAPTAIN ? , win 5-1 be man of the match and get dropped for a guy who has been appalling this year.

MON may know best - we'll see - but I cant fathom it

Man of the match :lol: :lol:

I can understand why Petrov gets in front of him but I have no idea why Sidwell keeps getting picked all the time and NRC barely gets a look when there isn't much between them.

I geniunally hope for Villa purposes, Petrov is injured in the first minute. Harsh but I don't care. We have a better chance with NRC in the team.

For such a young man you are very bitter.

Just enjoy the **** game and criticise after it if needs be

I geniunally hope for Villa purposes, Petrov is injured in the first minute. Harsh but I don't care. We have a better chance with NRC in the team.

By the way I agree Reo Coker should be playing

I genuinely think that against a team like Burnley you play into their hands using a player like NRC, you need a bit more guile to beat them in midfield and have someone dictate the game. Against a better team, and against other types of teams, NRC has his uses, but not today for me.

And to be fair, Petrovs the captain, of course he's coming back in.

Goodbye Nigel - all the best in January will get a rousing reception from me. I am a MoN fan , but his treatment of NRC is for me a massive blackspot. I cannot understand it. And the spiel about no grudges is shown to be pure bullshit.

PoB I sympathise with that, but still, can't condone injuries to our own players. maybe a slight knock that keeps him out only for the rest of the match.

I genuinely think that against a team like Burnley you play into their hands using a player like NRC, you need a bit more guile to beat them in midfield and have someone dictate the game. Against a better team, and against other types of teams, NRC has his uses, but not today for me.

And to be fair, Petrovs the captain, of course he's coming back in.

I don't agree, West Ham struggling, Wolves very poor, we didn't win these games with abit of gyle, nor does Petrov ever dictate a game?

Need more guile to beat them in midfield? Not watch our last game where we played Bolton and beat them with our most convincing win since April 2008 with two players who aren't so creative?

I'm annoyed because I care about the Villa and geniunally believe it will hamper our chances of 3 points and moving up the league.

I badly hope I'm wrong but on the evidence of away from home in a 4-4-2 with Petrov and Sidwell then I won't be?? (please be wrong)

By the way , about Collins, now don't get me wrong, I love him - fast becoming my fave player.

However, this was to be expected, speak to any West Ham fan and they will tell you he will play 10 games, be man of the match for all ten of those games, then get injured and miss the next 20 !.

If you look at his game, he is very similar to Delaney in style, and thus, I don't expect him to have a long career, with Cueller and Davies we should be covered, but we will have to watch out.

Guest Ricardomeister

I feel very sorry for NRC who in no way deserves to be dropped imo. Petrov is an ok player but hardly a superstar so I think he should be on the bench after our biggest win for 18 months. I hope he proves me wrong with a 5 star performance but I am less optimistic than I was half an hour ago. We should not underestimate Burnley who play good passing football but if we want to be taken seriously as a top 4 contender then we have to win this sort of game. We have the extra quality and as long as we don't resort to hoofball I am going for a 2-1 win.