PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley are a tough nut at Turf Moor. If we get anything it'll be a good result.

Yeah, much better at home than away yet today they drew away at Man City, going to be a tricky game.

Will be my first away trip of the season though (falls nicely just before a treatment week and got a mate who lives nearby) so I'm looking forward to it.

Still kept United out...

Burnley are no more mugs, there organised, they like to play football and have a good crowd behind them. I'd really like to see the same team, the two midfielders of Sidwell and Reo-Coker to really get in their faces, Burnley like to play it around but they ain't got Premiership players, get in their faces, force them into areas and then we'll break on them and we have enough going forward if the liks of Young, Carew etc..are playing well to score a few.

So same team, probably Collins back in though for Cuellar or Dunne. If we keep the same team, I reckon 1-3.

If we bring Petrov back, I reckon 1-1.

Burnley have got a terrible defence, I expect us to score a few more

Not at turf moore, they are very very impressive.

Anyone thinking we should just turn them over just because they are Burnley are in for a surprise!

of course it will be tough. we've lost to west ham blackburn and wigan, so expectations of a win here would be farcical, but it is still what we should be hoping for, and as much as burnley do indeed have a good home record, they are still burnley - they aren;'t full of stars. If we get ahead early on, I'd expect us to take the game. Tough, but I think a defeat would be desperately disappointing, and we need to win away after a loss and two draws on our previous three away games.

Burnley are this season's Hull and I expect them to struggle in the second half of the season. However, this is going to be a very tough tie - a physical encounter where we need to ensure we concentrate throughout.

I'd play the same team as Saturday except perhaps bring in Petrov for Sidwell. That miss from Sidders was a droppable offence!

Burnley are this year's Stoke. At home they seem to be as hard to beat as anyone!

Obviously on paper we should beat them but it will be a very tough game. I hope now that a few teams have gone there and slipped up we'll be better prepared for the visit.

I predict a tough victory, I'd be very surprised if we won by more than a goal. I don't, however, think a point would be a bad result given their results at Turf Moor so far.