PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

I'm guessing it will be:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Milner Petrov Reo-Coker Young

Carew Agbonlahor.

I'd like to see Sidwell in for Petrov and so basically the exact same team, not going to happen though, I reckon we'll take the lead and then lose it with about 20 minutes to go due to normal reasons of Petrov tiring.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Collins and Dunne are both out, that will put the strength of our new back four set-up to the test. Clark maybe, or I wonder if Warnock could play CD?

Beye would play CD before Warnock but I think Clark would be in front of him anyway.

I'm guessing it will be:

Friedel

Carew Agbonlahor.

I'd like to see Sidwell in for Petrov and so basically the exact same team, not going to happen though, I reckon we'll take the lead and then lose it with about 20 minutes to go due to normal reasons of Petrov tiring.

You are turning into a broken record mate, used to think you talk sense and still do to a degree but the Petrov bashing in every thread is boring.

Anyway

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'm guessing it will be:

Friedel

Carew Agbonlahor.

You are turning into a broken record mate, used to think you talk sense and still do to a degree but the Petrov bashing in every thread is boring.

Anyway

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I was actually thinking as I was posting it, maybe I'm just taking it too far with the Petrov bashing but whacked out one last time :winkold:

But yes, CMON VILLA.

Don't know if it has been posted but....

*We join the lads at Turf Moor as they chatter in anticipation for their match against Burnley*

MON: Alright lads, now Burnley may look like a team of half-soaked pirates but they can play some football.

*Ashley Young raises his hand*

MON: Ashley?

Young: You're standing on my foot boss.

MON: Well I'd apologise Ashley but I have little choice, after all this 'changing room' is a portaloo, besides you don't hear Craig complaining and I'm stood on his face.

Gardner(muffled): Just glad to be helping the team boss.

*NRC and Carew are shivering outside*

NRC: We can't hear you boss!

*MON unlocks and sticks his head outside the door*

MON: Well I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do sit on the toilet and have you in one at a time on my knee like a santa's grotto!?

Carew: Well that was my idea and I think...

*MON slams and locks the door*

NRC: Stupid boss and his favourites.

*The door unlocks and opens, MON sticks his head out*

MON: What was that!?

NRC: Nothing boss.

MON: I thought not!

*MON slams and locks the door again*

MON: Now we won 5-1 against Bolton and with Stilyan and Emile back we should be a ten times more potent threat with pace and goals.

*The portaloo erupts with laughter, NRC and Carew frown at the laughter outside*

MON: But enough jokes, like I said Burnley are every bit as dangerous as their weather-beaten, disheveled looking faces would suggest.

Heskey: So boss, how be it that we vanquish these vagrants forsooth?

MON: In my tactical genius I have come up with a secret weapon. Moustapha!

Salifou: Finally. I always knew that Togo's finest would get his shot at the ....

MON: What're you talking about? Fetch me my bag.

*a deflated Salifou passes MON an Asda bag, MON withdraws it's contents*

MON: Voila!

Young: Dove!?

MON: Yes, genius is it not? You'll each have a bar and chase your man with it, they'll not have a clue what to do when presented with a cleaning agent.

Cuellar: Och! and it will nay dry their skin like soap can.

MON: Ha! Very good Carlos, now could you perhaps move your face? You're giving me a rash.

*there is a banging on the door*

NRC: Boss, boss let us in there are a crew of what look like pirates approaching!

I hope its not his day job

No he does them while at work, some aren't funny but some area, he posts them on a site that really isn't that busy and people sign upto because only one they can get on while at work, so some people enjoy them because there that bored and gives them 1 or 2 little giggles!

Petrov > Sidwell, certain people just need to accept that.

It;s your opinion and for what it's worth I agree with you to some extent but who would I rather see in the starting line up? Steve Sidwell, suits our play so much more, 2 hard working, energetic, hard running central midfielder can retain possesion and win the ball in midfield and let our wide players and forward players do what they can do. Petrov just slows the game down for us.

I litterally never see Sidwell do anything though... he doesn't do anything in attack and anything in defence, he just feels like a waste of space and he's had his chance to impress MON and he hasn't really done it. His miss from the rebound from Milner's penalty two weeks ago just somes up Steve Sidwell for me... just not good enough.

I know people don't like hearing this, but what we're effectively doing right now is replacing Barry with Sidwell which is why it's severely weakened our midfield. You just can't do that and the longer MON insists shoe-horning Sidwell into the side, the longer it'll be before we make some real progression. Petrov was our best player last season and has shown how good he can be, Sidwell has not yet shown that ability and I hope I'm wrong, but my mind is pretty much made up regarding Steve Sidwell.

Petrov > Sidwell, certain people just need to accept that.

It;s your opinion and for what it's worth I agree with you to some extent but who would I rather see in the starting line up? Steve Sidwell, suits our play so much more, 2 hard working, energetic, hard running central midfielder can retain possesion and win the ball in midfield and let our wide players and forward players do what they can do. Petrov just slows the game down for us.

I litterally never see Sidwell do anything though... he doesn't do anything in attack and anything in defence, he just feels like a waste of space and he's had his chance to impress MON and he hasn't really done it. His miss from the rebound from Milner's penalty two weeks ago just somes up Steve Sidwell for me... just not good enough.

I know people don't like hearing this, but what we're effectively doing right now is replacing Barry with Sidwell which is why it's severely weakened our midfield. You just can't do that and the longer MON insists shoe-horning Sidwell into the side, the longer it'll be before we make some real progression. Petrov was our best player last season and has shown how good he can be, Sidwell has not yet shown that ability and I hope I'm wrong, but my mind is pretty much made up regarding Steve Sidwell.

Petrov & Reo for me today.

Petrov plays the best holding role in front of back four for me. Retains & distributes the ball better than Reo.

Reo is better than Sids at the present in the centre midfield forward role.

Sidwell seams a shadow of the player that put the ball in at Everton last year and at Arsenal last season.

8)

this is gonna be a bloody tough game

an early goal might do the job for us though, and we seem to be in the habit of getting them every so often. we need to stop freaking the **** out once it hits 75 mins though

if we play well we should win this by 2, if we do our usual "oh shit its almost over" probably a 1-1 draw