General Chat

Stevo985

53 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I will be of the smaller subset generation who are too young to have seen/remembered the advert when it first aired, but know of it from both cultural osmosis and also the character having his own short lived mid 90’s Mr Bean style sitcom.

I just remember it from being briefly 'analysed' on many of those 'best of whatever' clip shows that Arthur Smith et al used to be on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Soccer Aid just started, introduce the managers.

World 11 -> Sven and Micah Richards

England 11 -> Harry Redknapp and Judy Murray

Judy **** Murray, what is she doing there?

Wreadin an writtin for Arry, Wosie must be busy doing his tax return 

Edited by Follyfoot

51 minutes ago, Tegis said:

You did your part VT!! :D Custom url set.https://www.youtube.com/c/tradgardsidyll/ A few of the vids has thousands of views, well worth continuing doing this for her.

LrjppHw.png

Is there any way of auto-subtitling it for English speakers? My missus is really into gardening. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is there any way of auto-subtitling it for English speakers? My missus is really into gardening. 

It doesn't do Swedish unfortunately. And her bloody monologues are loooooong

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

It doesn't do Swedish unfortunately. And her bloody monologues are loooooong

Oh well. I'm surprised we aren't fluent tbh, we watch that many Swedish crime dramas. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Villatalk? Completed it mate 

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... 

All I have left is to wonder whether you see yourself more like the head of an Orange Order lodge, a branch of the freemasons, the Shaolin temple, or perhaps a whizz at chess?

When, or if I “complete” VillaTalk and achieve “Grand Master” status I fully expect the feeling to be similar to the one Michael Palin’s character finds himself having after he’s been seduced at the prospect of something great…

• Like 3

Does anyone in here have any experience with partially converting their garage to living space?

The plan is to knock through from the kitchen into the integrated garage, partitioning about a third of it off as an office.

Within the partition wall there will be a door to the “main” garage. 

In terms of building control what do I need to ensure?

As I understand it needs to be insulated and doors need to be fireproof. 
The boiler is in the office area (plan is to box it into a nice unit). Is that an issue?

Is there some requirement for a window? As we’ll have 2 doors would this satisfy a fire escape route?

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone in here have any experience with partially converting their garage to living space?

The plan is to knock through from the kitchen into the integrated garage, partitioning about a third of it off as an office.

Within the partition wall there will be a door to the “main” garage. 

In terms of building control what do I need to ensure?

As I understand it needs to be insulated and doors need to be fireproof. 
The boiler is in the office area (plan is to box it into a nice unit). Is that an issue?

Is there some requirement for a window? As we’ll have 2 doors would this satisfy a fire escape route?

Not sure about the other issues, but my dad made the mistake of boxing in his boiler/pipework - British Gas came and condemned the system and he had to move his boiler in the end, funnier still because it only became an issue when the new regs came out.  Just make sure whatever you do, consult the right people - can cause pain down the line otherwise.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with boxing in a boiler as long as you do it right, it just needs to be fully accessible to service and have 2 inches of clearance all around for ventilation, I did mine and have had it serviced a couple of times since without any comments on it.

Edited by Davkaus

Â