General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m hoping that before it all goes you experiment with different styles as you shave it off. The “Friendly mutton chops” look would be my choice.

And of course ending with either the Chaplin/Hitler or possibly the Ron Mael.

I will! I'll be going Charles Manson -> Peter Sutcliffe -> Heinrich Himmler

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Doing something similar so I can wear shorts.

Thats stage 2.0

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Anything in particular prompting the change? I've done about 9 months before so impressed with the dedication. 

Well, i'm back in the office in a coupe of weeks. The hair has been pure lockdown laziness combined with seeing how long I can grow it. Its not *that* long for 20 months, it seems to have stopped at the base of my neck. I'd have never that attempted it if things were 'normal'. Just the fact I've been WFH since March '20 has enabled this behaviour! The beard was a challenge with a work colleague, which has kind of stuck and became 'me'. Again, it's not that long for nearly 3 years. Its more thicker (insert Kenneth) than long. 

• Like 2

Well, the beard has gone. I appear to have inherited a few more chins than I remember. 

I currently resemble a less cooler version of this

pulp-fiction-briefcase.gif

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

I decided yesterday to shave my head so I currently resemble a big penis.

Regret that decision very much

Have done the same . . . from behind, I look like a thumb :crylaugh:

But the alternative is pretending I'm not going completely bald, and that would be even more cringe, so.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2021 at 23:14, tonyh29 said:

Flew out to Hungary today  … anyway

Snip snip

get in the plane and my seat is next to this cute looking young lady … .

I then missed the important clue when she got a snack bar out her bag  and it was chick pea and before I could fake my own death, she  Asked me “do you believe in God” and then started showing me passages of the bible on her phone and spent the next 99 mins of the flight trying to convert me to  the Jehovah Witness faith 

Snip

Just boarded for the return flight and she is in the seat next to me again , before he realised what was happening I got the boy to sit there whilst I’m safely on the other side of the aisle :) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Just boarded for the return flight and she is in the seat next to me again , before he realised what was happening I got the boy to sit there whilst I’m safely on the other side of the aisle :) 

Don't start complaining when the lad starts asking you for lifts to strange churches. 

• Haha 1

All the hair has gone now. Practically floated home. 

I do appear to have gone a bit 'thinner' on top and my hair has receded a bit. I could easily hide that with long hair! 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

All the hair has gone now. Practically floated home. 

I do appear to have gone a bit 'thinner' on top and my hair has receded a bit. I could easily hide that with long hair! 

Just found this photo of @Xelaswimming earlier today.

image.png.4699f23503152e63a69dfe0945dfc12c.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Funny, I thought this was @Xela

4796784A-3D77-47A7-97E9-85507A397894.webp

That is going to define the generation gap.  Those who recognise that photo and those who don't.  I can almost hear the music. 

• Haha 2

I will be of the smaller subset generation who are too young to have seen/remembered the advert when it first aired, but know of it from both cultural osmosis and also the character having his own short lived mid 90’s Mr Bean style sitcom.

Â