General Chat

Stevo985

My dad asked me to have a look at his phone yesterday because he wasn’t getting any emails and he couldn’t look at his photos or anything.

Turns out his phone storage was full and so was his 16gb micro SD card. I told him I’d order him a bigger one.

He said “oh don’t worry, I’ve got one over here, I’ve seen it.” He rooted through a drawer for a few seconds, turned around and handed me a copy of New Super Mario Bros for the DS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Turns out his phone storage was full and so was his 16gb micro SD card. I told him I’d order him a bigger one.

How can you run out of storage on a phone? Sync photos to Google Photos and done.

SD cards will eventually fail and then he'd lose everything.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My 15gb free storage is full on Google Photos :( 

The default option for syncing does not use any of your storage allowance. Settings - backup - upload size.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, limpid said:

How can you run out of storage on a phone? Sync photos to Google Photos and done.

SD cards will eventually fail and then he'd lose everything.

Thanks, I'll have to look at that, I didn't know it was free. I can't convince my dad to have data included in his contract so I didn't even bother looking into it.

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Thanks, I'll have to look at that, I didn't know it was free. I can't convince my dad to have data included in his contract so I didn't even bother looking into it.

It can be set to only sync over wifi.

12 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just read that Kevin Hart has been in a serious car accident.  Seems he's lucky to be alive and has supposedly suffered major back injuries.

I loved him in The Upside.  Hope he's ok.

I have seen the car wreck,  "The Upside Down" covers it I think. 

So is that it for the summer this year then? The rest of the world gets mental scorching weather and we get a handful of days of 30+ sandwiched between rain? 

I think I used my fan for 2 days. I had it on for a few weeks last year, windows open, cold drinks stocked up in the fridge. This year? Nothing really.

Now it's back to endless grey sky and the heating back on. Ugh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

So is that it for the summer this year then? The rest of the world gets mental scorching weather and we get a handful of days of 30+ sandwiched between rain? 

I think I used my fan for 2 days. I had it on for a few weeks last year, windows open, cold drinks stocked up in the fridge. This year? Nothing really.

The hot days we did have weren't great either. 30 degrees, but grey clouds and muggy. This summer was rubbish compared to last year.

I love Autumn and the run up to Christmas though, so I'm happy.

Plus I'm fat now so prefer jumpers to tshirts.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

The hot days we did have weren't great either. 30 degrees, but grey clouds and muggy. This summer was rubbish compared to last year.

I love Autumn and the run up to Christmas though, so I'm happy.

Plus I'm fat now so prefer jumpers to tshirts.

For sure I love autumn, I'm just not ready for it yet. If we have a good summer then by all means autumn, show your lovely face but after what weve had this year I feel short changed, your right it was all so muggy and humid instead of blistering hot days. Oh well. 

Oh and yes, I'm a few years into coming to terms with and accepting my impending middle aged spread and have busted the jumpers out already. I just wish I could have worn shorts for a few more days in a row this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I moved to Germany at the end of march, I laugh and joke with people here about the stereotypes of the UK (its always bad tattoos, cant drink, sun burn) and then of course the weather, its crazy how much better the weather is here, genuinely taken me by surprise, its not I've moved to france, spain or Italy but my skin shade has gone about 3 tones browner, my hair has gone blonder, I've had 4 days this summer that have been hotter than any day ever recorded in England, probably 3 full weeks and another couple of weekends where its been mid 30s and it rains don't get me wrong, it pissed it down last night, but it doesn't seem to drizzle, you know those horrible grey English days where its not raining but everything is just wet? (and then when that happens in the winter it chills you to the bone) not seen one of those here

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I moved to Germany at the end of march, I laugh and joke with people here about the stereotypes of the UK (its always bad tattoos, cant drink, sun burn) and then of course the weather, its crazy how much better the weather is here, genuinely taken me by surprise, its not I've moved to france, spain or Italy but my skin shade has gone about 3 tones browner, my hair has gone blonder, I've had 4 days this summer that have been hotter than any day ever recorded in England, probably 3 full weeks and another couple of weekends where its been mid 30s and it rains don't get me wrong, it pissed it down last night, but it doesn't seem to drizzle, you know those horrible grey English days where its not raining but everything is just wet? (and then when that happens in the winter it chills you to the bone) not seen one of those here

You're right, it's all to do with proximity to the sea, Ireland's our buffer, we're the continents buffer.  If the continent gets weather from the East, it's even drier, from the West, it's more humid. 

Weather systems are much more stable when they don't travel over water too, so Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech etc get much more steady weather. 

They get the best storms too because of the amount of energy built into the systems. 

• Like 1

Â