General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I was close to a job in Tianjin but decided to not continue the process after taking a really deep dive on living in China as a Westerner. 

I'm really interested to know if you've been over there though to work? Specifically Tianjin.

no! im office based in germany and we have a shanghai office so i'd probably never get to go there, big place I think, port city with a lot of traffic for Beijing, from what I can remember about studying Chinese construction for my dissertation its got some sort of status from the government for development, they're trying to replicate the power of the river deltas from the south (shanghai/Suzhou/Hangzhou and then Guangzhou/Shenzhen) hot summers and cold winters but not as much snow as elsewhere in the region

got a friend who moved to Nanjing 2 years ago as one of these assistant English teachers, I don't think he'll ever come back, I liked china but couldn't see myself living there, I'll say the spitting is the cherry on the top, im not convinced I could cope with the people

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2019 at 20:25, Ingram85 said:

Passed my CBT today, everyone says how easy it is, "you just need to turn up" etc... lol, nope. It's a lot harder and more involved than it looks, even on a little 50cc automatic scooter. Im proper proud of myself but my family dont really care about it :(. Great fun though. Highly recommended. 

It's just me, isn't it? I can never see that and not immediately think c**k and ball torture.

On 09/09/2019 at 04:56, TheAuthority said:

I was close to a job in Tianjin but decided to not continue the process after taking a really deep dive on living in China as a Westerner. 

I'm really interested to know if you've been over there though to work? Specifically Tianjin.

i was close to a job in Seoul once but decided to not continue the process as i wasn't ready for a korea move 

• Like 4

I passed an interview at tesco yesterday to be a delivery driver, now I have to go back Wednesday to do a driving assessment

I've driven big vans before so that's not an issue, but I'll be doing this test in an automatic, never drove one before

How difficult is it to switch from manual to automatic? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I find it easy. 5 minutes and you're good, with maybe one clutch/brake fail thrown in

19 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I passed an interview at tesco yesterday to be a delivery driver, now I have to go back Wednesday to do a driving assessment

I've driven big vans before so that's not an issue, but I'll be doing this test in an automatic, never drove one before

It's not.

48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Keep your left foot on the floor AND DON'T MOVE IT. Get that into your head, and you're there. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Not difficult at all. Just stick your left leg in the back as you won't be needing it! 

Like driving a go-kart / dodgem!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Is there a thread about ladies you really shouldn’t, but would? I’d like to add Jo Swinson.

Thank goodness it wasn't just me. Obviously there's the fantastic looking set of bangers but she also has another naughtiness about her.

Â