General Chat

Stevo985

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I’ve been confused a few times recently when I’ve been on this iPad where I’m suddenly looking at someone’s profile. Then I worry that they think I actually deliberately looked them up. Then it dawns on me those people that have looked me up, probably didn’t.

Why does this happen on an iPad, in particular? The only time I've ever deliberately looked at someone's profile is to see what their avatar depicts, as they are sometmes hard to make out on a phone. But I've often done the 'accidental' lookup - again, on a phone. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

My wife just thinks it's really nerdy.

Then I show her the rouges gallery in protest and it completely confirms her opinion.

You lot are a **** embarrassment.

Sounds like a particularly high-class brothel.

Also - you're married?!  I always just assumed you lived in a bedsit with Sky Q, an Xbox and a microwave.

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Why does this happen on an iPad, in particular? The only time I've ever deliberately looked at someone's profile is to see what their avatar depicts, as they are sometmes hard to make out on a phone. But I've often done the 'accidental' lookup - again, on a phone. 

I've been using my iPad on here for a long time and I have no idea why you are getting this, what are you all attempting to do when you get someone's profile?

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been using my iPad on here for a long time and I have no idea why you are getting this, what are you all attempting to do when you get someone's profile?

Now you mention it, I'm not sure! But it definitely occasionally happens. Maybe hitting an '@' link by mistake? 

20 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sounds like a particularly high-class brothel.

Also - you're married?!  I always just assumed you lived in a bedsit with Sky Q, an Xbox and a microwave.

YOU CAN LEGALLY MARRY A MICROWAVE! 😡

Especially because I identify as Tupperware. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It happens on my android phone too, pages jump around a little bit then settle.

Ah yes, the 'jumping around' thing. I've stopped complaining about it in Site Issues and learned to live with it. Only happens since the last software 'upgrade'. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ah yes, the 'jumping around' thing. I've stopped complaining about it in Site Issues and learned to live with it. Only happens since the last software 'upgrade'. 

Cat Wow GIF - Cat Wow Woah GIFs

Oh well done Michael J Celestial body, now you've awaken him.. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Don’t honestly know if it is something specific to an i-pad. But in 10 years of using all manner of different laptops, phones and office computers it didn’t happen. I’m now using a toy i-pad that you can’t even **** stick headphones or a usb in, and it’s started happening.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The point of contact isn't necessarily where the sensor perceives your finger to be.

finger.JPG.9a7119554fce12a4d09c8fa2760ccb89.JPG

If I touch US Politics, the Ipad sensor perceives my finger's mass a little lower and I'm looking at maqroll's profile instead.

I'd adjust the driver accordingly if I owned my own machine, but I don't.

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

The point of contact isn't necessarily where the sensor perceives your finger to be.

finger.JPG.9a7119554fce12a4d09c8fa2760ccb89.JPG

If I touch US Politics, the Ipad sensor perceives my finger's mass a little lower and I'm looking at maqroll's profile instead.

I'd adjust the driver accordingly if I owned my own machine, but I don't.

Ah so people need to do the setup all over again to calibrate the screen.

Â