General Chat

Stevo985

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Ah so people need to do the setup all over again to calibrate the screen.

or call Apple support for a fat finger wand

" To obtain a special ipad screen wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now" 

homer-simpson-fat.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably one for the boring thread...

Redditch train station car park.. what time does it usually get full in the morning? I'm guessing by 8am?

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably one for the boring thread...

Redditch train station car park.. what time does it usually get full in the morning? I'm guessing by 8am?

7.56. Deffo. You're welcome. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ah yes, the 'jumping around' thing. I've stopped complaining about it in Site Issues and learned to live with it. Only happens since the last software 'upgrade'. 

Upgrade? I turned on "lazy loading" earlier this week to make page loads quicker which might make things jump around on older browsers, but it's not that if you've been seeing it since the last upgrade.

You've only posted once in Site Issues since January and that was about the "mark as read" button.

43 minutes ago, limpid said:

Upgrade? I turned on "lazy loading" earlier this week to make page loads quicker which might make things jump around on older browsers, but it's not that if you've been seeing it since the last upgrade.

You've only posted once in Site Issues since January and that was about the "mark as read" button.

Here 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Here 

Is that when you think the site was last updated? It's been updated twice since March and one of those was a major update :mrgreen:

You didn't answer my questions. I can't help much without info.

And I need to work on my search skills - I assumed that you'd have started a new thread.

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

Is that when you think the site was last updated? It's been updated twice since March and one of those was a major update :mrgreen:

You didn't answer my questions. I can't help much without info.

And I need to work on my search skills - I assumed that you'd have started a new thread.

OK, I've now answered in the thread. 

• Like 1

Third time attempting to get a train today, 3rd time a cancellation has meant I've not been on to get on the train at the time I needed, or not been able to get off at my station. 

I absolutely will be getting a car as soon as I can. Sorry planet, I've tried to help, blame the trains! 

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Third time attempting to get a train today, 3rd time a cancellation has meant I've not been on to get on the train at the time I needed, or not been able to get off at my station. 

I absolutely will be getting a car as soon as I can. Sorry planet, I've tried to help, blame the trains! 

Cross City Line?

Been a **** shambles recently. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cross City Line?

Been a **** shambles recently. 

Yep. It's comical. 

The worst part is I live near LTV and work in Shenstone. Guess which two stations they decide to cut out when they have the inevitable "signaling problems", or similar bollocks?

• 2 weeks later...

What an absolutely bizarre day out. It started off with me doing the shopping and then deciding to go on the demonstration 

No sooner do I arrive but I Walk into a good mate of mine Joe (The passage, Benny Profane + others) and he;s with a few old mates from the clubbing years Jane and Paula (Jane is the Jane in Understanding Jane by the Icicle Works), so it's already a good day. Haven't bumped into Jane for a good few months, Paula a good few decades. Joe was the only person I half expected to see, but no arrangements had been made. 

We're chatting for a while and then along walk Geoff (someone I worked with for few years on the road, he'sstill running a Merch oporation)) and Paul Simpson (singer in the WIld Swans), we stand around chattingand we'rejoined by Barry Sutton (Walking Seeds & The La's), John McGlone (Western Promise) and a whole bunch of other people.

So the demo ends and we go to a pub and bump into even more people. We've been there ever since and...

The pub has very little ale left and we all had a ball

Oh and I learned the real story behind the Last Picture of You by the Lotus Eaters and who the Ian is in a particular early Fall lyric

• Like 2

Â