General Chat

Stevo985

Question for you guys.

I bought a mobile on Ebay, it's from a phone shop type company. Its listed as new and they said it was some unsold network stock, in a plain box. Phone came and it looks mint, although the screen protector has clearly been off. Battery health was 100%.

I started setting it up and next day realised screen has given up. Completely unresponsive. I managed to reset the phone via iTunes and sent it back.

They've said the activation lock is still on which is fair enough. They then said "Kindly do note that its technically illegal to send the unit back with Personal still On any device due to the Privacy Act / Personal Data Protection Act ."

That sounds like bollox, is it?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They then said "Kindly do note that its technically illegal to send the unit back with Personal still On any device due to the Privacy Act / Personal Data Protection Act ."

I can't see it being against the law for anyone to send something with their own personal data as with them sending it surely there is an implicit agreement to share their data if they don't wipe it. I imagine it's there as a disclaimer for companies who may have phones with individuals' data on or from wheeler dealers buying and selling phones.

Could be completely wrong though.

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I couldn't find the woman less attractive, but admittedly I am taking the approach of looking at more than her top bollocks...

I see your problem right there :detect:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Question for you guys.

I bought a mobile on Ebay, it's from a phone shop type company. Its listed as new and they said it was some unsold network stock, in a plain box. Phone came and it looks mint, although the screen protector has clearly been off. Battery health was 100%.

I started setting it up and next day realised screen has given up. Completely unresponsive. I managed to reset the phone via iTunes and sent it back.

They've said the activation lock is still on which is fair enough. They then said "Kindly do note that its technically illegal to send the unit back with Personal still On any device due to the Privacy Act / Personal Data Protection Act ."

Neither of those is the name of a law in the UK. Data protection laws in the UK are the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018

It is not illegal for you to send them a device with personal data on, it is illegal, however, for them to do anything with that data

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Anyone know what this is?

I only have a few bits in the loft but when I want up the other day there was this light dusting on a couple of the bags. Cant tell if its some kind of mite, or fly, or shell of something?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Silver birch seeds.  How they got in the loft is anyone's guess, though.

image.png

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Silver birch seeds.  How they got in the loft is anyone's guess, though.

image.png

Cheers, I asked a fb group and they came up with the same answer! 

I was worried they were either dead or dried out flies or some bug shells. We have a big row of trees in front of our house so I guess they got blown into the loft vents.

Relieved I dont need to get exterminator in! 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I think people overreact on both sides and while I understand it, I do think that people who dont like reactive angry posts need to realise that it's ok for other people to react emotionally after a game, heat of the moment posts are fine as it reflects the human emotion of being invested in a team. I was pissed off yesterday at smith and the players, it's natural. The only thing I dont agree with is personal insults.

Anyway, back on topic lol.

• Like 2

Thomas Cook gone

will probably be linked to Brexit but in reality their model is outdated, cant compete with skyscanner and air bnb, people are more confident and adventurous thanks to the technology at their disposal so don't need tour operators anymore for anything other than an incredibly low margin bargain holiday which Jet2 are hoovering up

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thomas Cook gone

will probably be linked to Brexit but in reality their model is outdated, cant compete with skyscanner and air bnb, people are more confident and adventurous thanks to the technology at their disposal so don't need tour operators anymore for anything other than an incredibly low margin bargain holiday which Jet2 are hoovering up

Jet2 aren't on the highstreet so they have a big advantage over TC without the burden of those costs. We've been on holiday with the a number of times and found them very good, especially the airport and flight side of things.

My wife worked for Tui and more recently TC for a number of years. Highstreet travel agents are only used by old people, and piss takers who have priced up everything they want but want someone else to book it for them. Really, there's no place for them and they should have been ditched a long time ago.

Really it only leaves Tui/First Choice on the highstreet, I wonder how long before they shut their shops.

• Like 1

Â