General Chat

Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was gonna put this in the piss you off thread but I guess it doesn't piss me off. It's just very weird.

A friend of my girlfriend from school has had a miscarriage. I think it was a couple of years ago, but anyway. Obviously that's really tragic and terrible for her.

She's posted pictures on facebook of a photo shoot her and her husband did... with the dead foetus.

It's like one of those cheesy photo shoots couple do with their newborn baby, but IT'S A DEAD FOETUS!

It's really sad that she had a miscarriage, don't get me wrong, but I'm not the only one who thinks that's really really **** weird, right?

They need help, that is just not normal behaviour

Just now, bickster said:

They need help, that is just not normal behaviour

It looks very much professionally done. So I have to assume it's an actual thing.

But it genuinely freaked me out. 

On a less macabre note... 

Patterns. 

When my wife married me, she became Mrs MOONEY. 

One of her two sisters married a feller called MALTBY (also six letters, also starts with M and ends with Y. Also a Villa fan). 

Her other sister married a POOLEY (also six letters, with a double-O, and ends EY). 

One of our daughters married a MAYBURY (seven letters, unfortunately, but still starts with M and ends with Y). 

Meaningless, but it intrigues me. 

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was gonna put this in the piss you off thread but I guess it doesn't piss me off. It's just very weird.

A friend of my girlfriend from school has had a miscarriage. I think it was a couple of years ago, but anyway. Obviously that's really tragic and terrible for her.

She's posted pictures on facebook of a photo shoot her and her husband did... with the dead foetus.

It's like one of those cheesy photo shoots couple do with their newborn baby, but IT'S A DEAD FOETUS!

It's really sad that she had a miscarriage, don't get me wrong, but I'm not the only one who thinks that's really really **** weird, right?

Difficult one this. About 7 years ago my sister in law posted on FB a picture of her miscarried daughter. In my politest terms I said for **** sake, I don't need to see that. We fell out for 5 years off the back of that. I appreciate the reasons why but at best it's a dead baby. Why share anything, person or animal that is dead. Not one single person will get any enjoyment of any kind out of it. I can't fathom it. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Difficult one this. About 7 years ago my sister in law posted on FB a picture of her miscarried daughter. In my politest terms I said for **** sake, I don't need to see that. We fell out for 5 years off the back of that. I appreciate the reasons why but at best it's a dead baby. Why share anything, person or animal that is dead. Not one single person will get any enjoyment of any kind out of it. I can't fathom it. 

Yeah basically how I see it.

I mean it would be like me having a photo shoot with my dad's dead body after he died.

It's not that I don't understand it's a tragedy and they loved the baby even though it hadn't been born and everything. I get that. I have relatives who have had funerals for miscarried babies and I understand that.

But photos with the dead foetus to me is very very strange.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but think of the endorphins they will get will all the 'grief likes'

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I've snapped a really big poop I was super proud of before but that's Ted Bundy behaviour.

I think we have all done that, you get a foot long one, that needs to be shared. 

• Thanks 1

Just to add to my comment as I don't want to sound uncaring. It is obviously a horrible situation but as @Stevo985 said it is weird to post it on facebook. Keep it private!

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think we have all done that, you get a foot long one, that needs to be shared. 

Humaning 101.

I've seen quite a few corpses thanks to a stint in Kosovo in the late 90's and many of them were kids.

That stuff stays with you believe me and it was the reason I chose not to see any of the cadavers of my parents or 4 grandparents in the years after . I want to remember them alive and all my siblings regret viewing them now,  despite my warnings.

To put something like that on FB just astounds me and I have a pitch black sense of humour. 

It's genuinely horrifying.

Edited by Brumerican

This might be Kenneth Williams territory but my initials are PD, at school my best mates initials were DB and JC. We revelled in the run of initials BCD and the same number of letters between D, J and P. 

No one wanted to be our friend apart from someone with the initials MF. We told him to do one as it wouldn't fit. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When I was in school my mate Dean had a change of parental circumstances.

He had to ask the teachers to change his surname, from Curry to Rice.

In the end, his mum had to come to the school in person to verify the change.

I once knew a woman called Hazel White, who married a man whose surname was Black. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It looks very much professionally done. So I have to assume it's an actual thing.

But it genuinely freaked me out. 

I'm trying to picture the advertisement the photographer does for this service.   "Engagements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Stillborns"

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

When I was in school my mate Dean had a change of parental circumstances.

He had to ask the teachers to change his surname, from Curry to Rice.

In the end, his mum had to come to the school in person to verify the change.

Too bad he didnt go live with his Nan. Was his father called Dom?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ll be glad when the kids are back at school and the day trippers/holiday-makers are off the bleeding motorways again. 

Shocking standard of driving on the M5. There needs to be a Motorway test for all drivers. 

Speed cameras everywhere, but who’s doing something about the cars packed with pillows blocking their rear view and doing 60mph in the outside lane? 

• Like 2

Â