General Chat

Stevo985

On 13/08/2019 at 07:29, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Text written in the 1800s being quoted on a football forum. That shows how good it is.

Ultra pedantically  - It's not in the book, is it? At least it's not in my book.  

During the opposition of 1894 a great light was seen on the illuminated part of the disk, first at the Lick Observatory, then by Perrotin of Nice, and then by other observers. English readers heard of it first in the issue of NATURE dated August 2. I am inclined to think that this blaze may have been the casting of the huge gun, in the vast pit sunk into their planet, from which their shots were fired at us.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ultra pedantically  - It's not in the book, is it? At least it's not in my book.  

I didn't think it was worth picking up, but you're correct, it's not actually in the book.

I wanted it to be in there, and I searched a couple of online versions. It was why I didn't credit it or stick it in quotes. Had I stuck it in quotes I'd have then had to either reference the concept album version or risk an over zealous mod giving me a two point kicking for shoddy quoting.

So I just dropped it straight and unreferenced, like a bad ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

On topic has got a bit nasty over the last few days hasn’t it?

I took a little trip over there after the Spurs game. 

Posted some highly insightful, top quality content. I even changed my avatar from a Brexit Party piss-take to something less confrontational (I think On Topic might not be quite as ‘remain heavy’ as Off Topic and I didn’t want to offend the locals) 

I was ready for some quality football debate and  all I got was

DL_508Tumbleweed_TUMBLEWEED_ROLLS_NEXT_T

I’d rather have been abused to be honest, the lack of likes or replies really hurt my ego 😢

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

On topic has got a bit nasty over the last few days hasn’t it?

The optimism and happiness of the pre-season transfer talk thread is long gone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I took a little trip over there after the Spurs game. 

Posted some highly insightful, top quality content. I even changed my avatar from a Brexit Party piss-take to something less confrontational (I think On Topic might not be quite as ‘remain heavy’ as Off Topic and I didn’t want to offend the locals) 

I was ready for some quality football debate and  all I got was

DL_508Tumbleweed_TUMBLEWEED_ROLLS_NEXT_T

I’d rather have been abused to be honest, the lack of likes or replies really hurt my ego 😢

Pontipines or GTFO mate. It's like we don't know you anymore :(

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Seriously though Avatar changes take some getting used to.

Mooney's just playing us all for a fool. as soon as we acclimatise he'll change it again and blame it on friendface or something. ;)

Actually, I agree. 

Some years ago I posted a VT avatars quiz. Maybe it's time for a new one. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I've had the Heartbreak High theme tune going around in my head all day and I've no bloody idea why.

Fallen victim of the whistling game?  If you whistle something early on at work and someone else gets it stuck in their head and starts whistling it, you win.  Rosey and Jim or Question of Sport is my speciality. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

people who whistle at work is definitely something for the piss you off topic :mrgreen:

It Ruins everyone's day if you can here it,  especially if it's a happy tune and is not really a good use of oxygen to be fair either.  

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It Ruins everyone's day if you can here it,  especially if it's a happy tune and is not really a good use of carbon dioxide to be fair either.  

FTFY - whistling is affecting climate change, where are the stats? where is the outcry?

• Haha 1

Â