General Chat

Stevo985

My office is on the second floor and right next to a mature tree. The branches are just close enough for me to hang bird feeders. Today a Robin flew through the window and sat quite calmly on my monitor. It was a wonderful moment. But something spooked him and he flew straight into a closed window. He was still alive, so I picked him up and put him in a box full of shredded paper. After about 15 minutes he recovered and flew out of the box..........

.............straight into a ceiling fan which cut him in half. 

One to tell the kids as a bedtime story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, BOF said:

Fixing a cut.  That's probably about $10,000?

it's unbelievable. They didn't even give me enough bandages when they checked me out of the hospital. Nobody really cares. This country was always about individualism, and if you can't keep up, **** right off. heartless society here. I'm really rather sick of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 12/08/2019 at 00:20, chrisp65 said:

At midnight on the 12th of August, a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars and sped towards Earth. Across two-hundred-million miles of void, invisibly hurtling towards us, came the first of the missiles that were to bring so much calamity to Earth.

Text written in the 1800s being quoted on a football forum. That shows how good it is.

• Like 3

I am going to attempt to not ask the missus why she is keeping two unopened packets of anti-bacterial wipes on the bottom shelf of the fridge

I have an important day at work today and I'm sure the answer will just baffle me all day long. It's better not knowing I think

This isn't a grey area like ketchup and jam

C80AD18C-8C38-4918-93F9-73C095547E1A.jpeg

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am going to attempt to not ask the missus why she is keeping two unopened packets of anti-bacterial wipes on the bottom shelf of the fridge

I have an important day at work today and I'm sure the answer will just baffle me all day long. It's better not knowing I think

This isn't a grey area like ketchup and jam

C80AD18C-8C38-4918-93F9-73C095547E1A.jpeg

You can never be too careful with cauliflower.  **** disgusting.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

... heartless society here. I'm really rather sick of it.

The stupid and the selfish joined forces to send the UK down the same path, by Voting Tory and Brexit.

Arron Banks wants to hold us to ransom for our lives, aided by Putin who wants to make us more miserable than the Russians.

Curiosity got the better of me. II asked why the antibacterial wipes were in the fridge. I knew I shouldn't have.

Apparently the wipes were drying out in the packet when they were left out because of the temperature.

I've now had to explain why putting them in a frost free fridge isn't the best solution. She's not having it about as much as she'snot having that the coolest part of the fridge is the bottom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I posted an opinion and got kicked around the playground for 2 days. Not worth it.

I particularly enjoyed the bit where you didn't understand my comments in support of you when back and forth-ing with one of our more prominent trolls :thumb: 

20 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I particularly enjoyed the bit where you didn't understand my comments in support of you when back and forth-ing with one of our more prominent trolls :thumb: 

I was probably in full defence mode 🙂 

• Like 1

Â