General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, theboyangel said:

You around for the Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever gig in a couple of weeks? 

What date is it and are there any tickets left? I think I am around. They're an odd band for me, I like them but one song at a time not the whole album at once but on the other hand I also reckon they're great live, so I'm up for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

What date is it and are there any tickets left? I think I am around. They're an odd band for me, I like them but one song at a time not the whole album at once but on the other hand I also reckon they're great live, so I'm up for it

Tuesday 9th at invisible wind factory. 

Tickets still available 

Edited by theboyangel

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Would have loved to see them live 

This is the nearest you'll get:

The Music of Cream: 50th Anniversary

The tribute act that's a family affair, The Music of Cream plays the music of the 60s power trio and consists of Kofi Baker (son of Ginger Baker), Malcolm Bruce (son of Jack Bruce) and Will Johns (nephew of Eric Clapton).

Cream was a chemical explosion like no other, the blueprint for every supergroup to follow and the heavy blues precursor to Hendrix, Zeppelin and so much more. 50 years since their earth-shaking debut album, the bloodlines of that hallowed trilogy come together to pay tribute to Cream’s legendary four-album reign over the psychedelic frontier of the late 1960s.

Kofi Baker (son of Ginger) and Malcolm Bruce (son of Jack) unite with Will Johns (Eric’s nephew by marriage and son of Zeppelin/ Stones/ Hendrix engineer Andy) to unleash the lightning that electrified a generation.

Feel the fire and the freedom of ‘Spoonful’, ‘Strange Brew’, ‘Sunshine of Your Love’, ‘White Room’, ‘Crossroads’ and ‘Badge’ – performed by master musicians whose lives have been steeped in the Cream spirit and legacy.

EXPERIENCE a once-in-a-lifetime concert salute to the most innovative and explosive supergroup of all time, in the hands of those that knew them best.

WATCH as they interplay live with their fathers on the big screen; classic moments in rock history brought back to life.

LISTEN as they share personal insights and stories, complete with rare, yet to be seen family footage and photographs.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bickster said:

SIngles band, albums were pretty shite

I sort of agree. Some of the shorter, more experimental album tracks were also good, though. Exactly the same with Led Zeppelin - much more interesting in the studio, but fell into the trap of emphasising the loud, heavy (and ultimately, boring) live stuff. 

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I sort of agree. Some of the shorter, more experimental album tracks were also good, though. Exactly the same with Led Zeppelin - much more interesting in the studio, but fell into the trap of emphasising the loud, heavy (and ultimately, boring) live stuff. 

Yeah not every album track is duff but an awful lot are

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

*He always lost everything to his best friend Tom at school, they were both good at athletics. One time they went to the Alexander Stadium with the school, when he was 16, and he was so determined to beat his mate that without realising, he recorded a 100 metre time of 9.60 - which was a World record at the time.

I think that one is my favourite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Guy at work is an absolute nutter.

I only do overtime on his department, so see him for probably 6 or 7 hours a week. He comes out with the most outrageous stuff, I genuinely think I should start to feel insulted that he thinks people will believe this absolute nonsense.

*Apparently he wrote the script for Underworld 2 or 3 and sent it off, was told it wasn't what they were looking for, only for them to use his script for the film. 
*He always lost everything to his best friend Tom at school, they were both good at athletics. One time they went to the Alexander Stadium with the school, when he was 16, and he was so determined to beat his mate that without realising, he recorded a 100 metre time of 9.60 - which was a World record at the time.
*He's a far more talented rapper than Eminem, and would be a billionaire by now, but he has trouble with keeping stuff in his head. So he can make an amazing rap up on the spot, but instantly forgets it.
*Whenever anyone new starts he asks how old they think he looks. Everyone always says between about 35 and 40 (he's 38). He then argues with them that he looks about 25 and that "everyone" says he does, so it must be true. 

He started trying to argue with me yesterday about who is taller between my brother and I. I'm about 6'4" and my brother is roughly 6'6". He kept telling me I'm taller. I told him he's probably never seen us together, and maybe I look taller because I'm a slimmer build to my brother. Apparently he has seen us together - even though I only really see him at the gym, and he doesn't go to a gym because he "doesn't see the point".

How can people get through life like this?

You mean how can people get through life being completely delusional and blissfully ignorant of everything around them?  I think for some people that's the only way they can.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im starting to wonder where you work

I work in the accounts department of a travel agency, for the BBC and production companies.

But these 2 melons work in our quality control department. The best part is they work on the same sub department, are complete opposites, and hate each other. It makes my overtime fly by :)

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Guy at work is an absolute nutter.

I only do overtime on his department, so see him for probably 6 or 7 hours a week. He comes out with the most outrageous stuff, I genuinely think I should start to feel insulted that he thinks people will believe this absolute nonsense.

*Apparently he wrote the script for Underworld 2 or 3 and sent it off, was told it wasn't what they were looking for, only for them to use his script for the film. 
*He's a far more talented rapper than Eminem, and would be a billionaire by now, but he has trouble with keeping stuff in his head. So he can make an amazing rap up on the spot, but instantly forgets it.
*Whenever anyone new starts he asks how old they think he looks. Everyone always says between about 35 and 40 (he's 38). He then argues with them that he looks about 25 and that "everyone" says he does, so it must be true. 

He started trying to argue with me yesterday about who is taller between my brother and I. I'm about 6'4" and my brother is roughly 6'6". He kept telling me I'm taller. I told him he's probably never seen us together, and maybe I look taller because I'm a slimmer build to my brother. Apparently he has seen us together - even though I only really see him at the gym, and he doesn't go to a gym because he "doesn't see the point".

How can people get through life like this?

A girl I work with (worked with, she left at the end of last year) was the same.

Not quite as delusional as the guy in your story, but full of absolute shit.

But I think hers was a genuine mental condition. Like Narcissism. She's the most confident person I've ever met with nothing to back it up. She thinks she's unbelievably good looking and she really isn't. Thinks she's the best buyer we've ever had, and she really isn't. Thinks everyone at the company misses her like crazy, they really don't. Etc etc

It's a bit like that episode of south park where Cartman makes something up. And every time he retells the story it gets more and more outrageous. But it's not that he's lying. he genuinely believes he's telling the truth. That's just how his brain works.

And funnily enough, I had an argument about height with this girl too. Last time I saw her on a work night out we were talking about height in some way or another and I mentioned, in passing, that I was 6 fopt 2. She flat out didn't believe me. She insisted I was no taller than 6 foot. Wouldn't take no for an answer. 
I didn't know where to go with the conversation. How do I prove that? I was saying stuff like "well every time I've ever been measured by anyone it's been around 6 foot 2". But according to her, just going by her eye, she was right.

It's infuriating, but I genuinely believe some people actually believe the stuff they come out with, as opposed to deliberately lying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

There's another lad. He was a straight 19 year old lad, called Nathan, with a daughter, when I started. He's now a 21 year old gay lad, without a daughter, called Sebastian. Before this weekend he'd had about 40 boyfriends in the space of a year, each of them starts with the "I'm so in love! I'm going to be with him forever!" type stuff, before breaking up a few days later. He bought this massive, bright blue, engagement ring to propose to someone. Then he said that person proposed to him before he could, but didn't have a ring so they used his. So he was wearing the ring that he bought. Last weekend he started messaging some kid in Croydon, he met him on Friday night and Saturday night he was engaged. Again, with the same big massive blue thing he'd bought. So yet another person proposed to him without a ring.

I'm not doing this deliberately, but the girl I've just posted about does this exact thing too!

She would shag anything with a pulse. And everytime she does she's fallen in love and he's the most amazing person she's ever met and 2 weeks later it's over.

She's in a constant cycle. And these aren't lies because she's one of these people who posts incessantly on social media about her relationships.

Every time she mentions a new bloke and how he's the one, you can guarantee it'll be over 2 weeks later.

And the funny thing is she always blames the bloke for being too full on. But the problem is SHE is full on. Texts them constantly and gets angry with them when they don't reply with loads of texts themselves.
So then as soon as she's decided she's bored of them, she thinks they're full on because they're texting her loads because that's what she's MADE THEM DO!

It's like training a dog to fetch and then moaning when he brings the ball back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I think hers was a genuine mental condition. Like Narcissism. She's the most confident person I've ever met with nothing to back it up. She thinks she's unbelievably good looking and she really isn't. Thinks she's the best buyer we've ever had, and she really isn't. Thinks everyone at the company misses her like crazy, they really don't. Etc etc

Yes, that's exactly it, that sounds spot on with this guy.

Like honestly, he looks like an older/rougher version of Theon Greyjoy. He absolutely hates that I'm quite friendly with a couple of the girls to the point he's interrogated us, and friends of ours, if "something is going on". Me, with a girl? Clearly he doesn't know me. He tried it on with a few women here, one of them is a really, ridiculously pretty girl, who's been in a relationship for a long time. The other is our FD, who also happens to be Paddy Riley's wife, who is again beautiful. They'd have their pick of anyone, yet he's convinced he has a chance with them because he's so far up his own arse.

He's so aggressive too. ALWAYS right, without fail. Knows everything. Involves himself in EVERY conversation. My God.

Â