General Chat

Stevo985

I was just thinking.  Donald Trump's best argument for stopping immigration is that without immigration America would have no Donald Trump.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I was just thinking.  Donald Trump's best argument for stopping immigration is that without immigration America would have no Donald Trump.

I like Jim Jeffries latest Netflix special, he's like a class president elect offering to give everyone 2 dinners and a soda machine if he wins, he does say at least it'll be fun...

to think the 3 most powerful positions in the world (ok 2 + us) could be women

On July 18, 2016 at 08:39, BOF said:

I recently heard about 2 straight men who were marrying each other for financial reasons.  They were passengers of a taxi driver mate of mine and they were on their way into town at the time on the pull (for lady people).  It's certainly a conversation starter.

Brave New World

My team leader's not in, her boss isn't in. Loads of people are on holiday. Friday afternoon, I thought "I could just leave now and go and get a coffee, no one would know or care, it'll be fine. I'm going to walk out the building and go an get a coffee".

Walk back in the office 15 minutes later with a coffee in my hand. Colleague says "did you just go and get a coffee?".

Dammit. Rumbled.

"No, no, so and so got me this on their lunch"

"It's got your name on"

:mellow:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My team leader's not in, her boss isn't in. Loads of people are on holiday. Friday afternoon, I thought "I could just leave now and go and get a coffee, no one would know or care, it'll be fine. I'm going to walk out the building and go an get a coffee".

Walk back in the office 15 minutes later with a coffee in my hand. Colleague says "did you just go and get a coffee?".

Dammit. Rumbled.

"It's got your name on"

Do you work in a mill? Or is it normal that in offices you can't go out to get a coffee?

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Do you work in a mill? Or is it normal that in offices you can't go out to get a coffee?

Well, you can, but on your break or if you ask your boss nicely.

It'd be weird for me to just wonder off during my shift, getting a coffee...doing a bit of shopping, spending the afternoon in the pub.

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Well, you can, but on your break or if you ask your boss nicely.

It'd be weird for me to just wonder off during my shift, getting a coffee...doing a bit of shopping, spending the afternoon in the pub.

Doing a bit of shopping and spending the afternoon in the pub is not 'getting a coffee' though :)  If I wandered off and got a coffee my colleague's response would be 'and you didn't get me one? You bastard' :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Doing a bit of shopping and spending the afternoon in the pub is not 'getting a coffee' though :)  If I wandered off and got a coffee my colleague's response would be 'and you didn't get me one? You bastard' :)

You guys are bad influences, you're going to get me fired. I'll be walking out to starbucks every 45 minutes to buy a chocolate coin.

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Dammit. Rumbled.

"It's got your name on"

The correct response to your colleague would have been "**** off nosey"!

:)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

The correct response to your colleague would have been "**** off nosey"!

:)

Mine would have been:

'Well, no one's in, it's Friday, go out and get yourself one. I'll cover for you if anyone asks.'

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Mine would have been:

'Well, no one's in, it's Friday, go out and get yourself one. I'll cover for you if anyone asks.'

I'd have asked before I left if anyone wanted a coffee.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2016 at 15:52, NurembergVillan said:

Same here. I've always been able to dive out for a coffee. In Vancouver there was a Starbucks (yeah, I know) directly opposite the office and at Nike they have them on campus.

Starbucks and Costa on site at JLR. Unless you went at an obscenely ridiculous time, nobody would bat an eyelid.

Guys,

I mentioned a while back that I was doing the 3 Peaks Challenge in memory of my Dad to raise money for Cancer Research.

The challenge was yesterday (running into this morning). All three mountains climbed, although slightly over the 24 hour target (some people are slow!!)

Anyway, we've managed to raised nearly £1600 (nearly £2000 if you include gift aid). 

Still taking donations so if anyone has a spare tenner they want to put to a good cause then feel free to throw a donation my way using this link

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys,

I mentioned a while back that I was doing the 3 Peaks Challenge in memory of my Dad to raise money for Cancer Research.

The challenge was yesterday (running into this morning). All three mountains climbed, although slightly over the 24 hour target (some people are slow!!)

Anyway, we've managed to raised nearly £1600 (nearly £2000 if you include gift aid). 

Still taking donations so if anyone has a spare tenner they want to put to a good cause then feel free to throw a donation my way using this link

Donation made :thumb:

• Like 1

Â