General Chat

Stevo985

Probably a bit of water weight there. Your weight naturally fluctuates too much for a couple of readings in isolation to be taken too seriously, keep at it and see what the trend looks like in a few weeks.

Good job though, keep it up :P 

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

According to the scale, I lost half a stone this week on my diet. I haven't been starving myself. That seems way too much.

Sounds like Bad Aids to me. 

22 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

According to the scale, I lost half a stone this week on my diet. I haven't been starving myself. That seems way too much.

What have you been doing? Losing half a stone without starving is my perfect diet! 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

What have you been doing? Losing half a stone without starving is my perfect diet! 

1500 calories a day.

For example today (i actually went over to 1586, but I blame my rota as I have a big gap around 4-5pm and I had a cereal bar) :D

Breakfast -
30g cereal + 100ml milk - 186cal
small juice - 50cal

Snack - banana - 74cal

Lunch -
Thai curry
565cal

Snack - blueberries and cereal bar - 130cal

Dinner - Corguette burger, sticky rice and corn
600cal

And I've 100% cut out everything except water and the odd zero calorie soft drink. It's all about portion control for me. I'm weighing everything out to make sure it's accurate. (with some rounding of calories to make it add up better)

• Like 1

On 18 July 2016 at 13:39, BOF said:

I recently heard about 2 straight men who were marrying each other for financial reasons.  They were passengers of a taxi driver mate of mine and they were on their way into town at the time on the pull (for lady people).  It's certainly a conversation starter.

After a quick Mooney the tax benefit of getting married is between £300-800 per annum as long as neither earns above £42k. 

Its a bold move for a modest saving or more likely an amusing made up in to chat ladies up.

Edited by villaglint

23 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Always drops off the first week or two. Don't worry it'll level out.

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

well, i think, in order to devote more time to writing and further study i'm going to have to pack it in here. it's been a a blast folks. y'all helped steer me through some tough times, especially the mcleish year, and that period when jedward were in eurovision. i joined up many moons ago in the pits of depression and now i'm embarking on a dissertation. how life moves on. i've said some daft things, some would say many, and some damn fine stuff if i say so myself. it's strange, really, how a forum can play a role in one's life, sometimes quite a big one, especially when life hits and you need to find a place to just put it into words, only to have someone type DHUTWU in return. thanks for the music, the book and film recommendations, and most importantly for many, many good laughs.

enjoy your lives VTers, i hope they are long and wonderful and full of joy!

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best for your future too. For what it's worth, I always enjoyed reading your posts. 

6 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

well, i think, in order to devote more time to writing and further study i'm going to have to pack it in here. it's been a a blast folks. y'all helped steer me through some tough times, especially the mcleish year, and that period when jedward were in eurovision. i joined up many moons ago in the pits of depression and now i'm embarking on a dissertation. how life moves on. i've said some daft things, some would say many, and some damn fine stuff if i say so myself. it's strange, really, how a forum can play a role in one's life, sometimes quite a big one, especially when life hits and you need to find a place to just put it into words, only to have someone type DHUTWU in return. thanks for the music, the book and film recommendations, and most importantly for many, many good laughs.

Pshaw. You'll be back. I give it three weeks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Ja39m.gif

11 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

But ... but you can't just ... I won't allow it ! :(

old-man-crying.gif

You know where we are CED.  Don't be a stranger :) Have a good life :D:wave:

12 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Tara-a-bit!

• Like 1

Â