General Chat

Stevo985

I always thought I'd hate an all inclusive holiday... but when I went, I loved it! 

Sitting around sunbathing all day and grazing when summoned by the breakfast/lunch/dinner buzzers is bliss! 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I always thought I'd hate an all inclusive holiday... but when I went, I loved it! 

Sitting around sunbathing all day and grazing when summoned by the breakfast/lunch/dinner buzzers is bliss! 

Same. Was quite snobbish about them until I did one this year, at a massive resort in Mexico. I did feel a bit of a fraud - left the resort once in a week - but my god life was easy. 

My resounding memories of an all inclusive holiday was never eating breakfast and nearly having a stand up row with the staff when I was asked to leave the restaurant when wearing cut off jeans whilst a woman walked around in the skimpiest bikini I'd ever seen covered with one of those completely see through wrap things.

last one i went on was in sharm, food was a bit ropey, tried to offer 7 different restaurants or some nonsense but it was much of a muchness, you could only drink spirits if you had a cocktail which didnt bother me, sat thinking im smashing the beer all day everyday...think after about 3 pints by midday in 35 degree heat i knocked that idea on the head...

I've done 3 all inclusives in my life. One 5* one in Turkey which was pretty special and they made the best White Russian I've ever had.

One of them I was actually working. I gave English lessons from 10-5 in return for bed and board. About 8 English teachers and 30 students. I think I did the whole thing hammered, for seven days, but no one cared. Everybody was off their tits. It was just one big party atmosphere. 

• Like 2

My all inclusive package in Sharm even included a free haircut and laundry 

I don't go out of my way to get all inclusive but I like that's it's all done and dusted when I go away with wife and kids ( even if it does come at a premium ) you can sorta convince yourself your getting a good deal ... Rather than checking out the hotel and finding you've spent £1800 on food and drink 

Edited by tonyh29

Never wanted to do it. I'd be bored stupid, and sick of the catering by day two. Self-catering in a rural French gîte, with local restaurants and historic places to visit for me, every time. 

• Like 3

I've done half board, with drinks.. which i imagine is the same thing.  It's okay.  I prefer "doing" holidays and ticking off landmarks than sitting around a pool.  Ask me again in a few years when I'm a weary old fat guy whose son is a runaway.. I'd probably snap your hand off. :) 

Paddywhack is on his honeymoon this week in Menorca, lucky sod.

Anyway, I'm sure he'd love me to tell you that he was watching two women with big boobs applying sun tan lotion to their arses and boobs, and his now wife asked him to get something from somewhere.. he couldn't.  So just said he'd gone light headed :lol:  Silly monkey.

• Like 1

I've been to Sharm on AI a couple of times. Loved it. My usual routine was - brekkie, sit by the pool, a bit of table tennis, lunch, beach or activity, gym, dinner, then go exploring in town. I went to Turkey recently and it was pretty good. Not the same standard as Sharm though. Cuba was also v good.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I've been to Sharm on AI a couple of times. Loved it. My usual routine was - brekkie, sit by the pool, a bit of table tennis, lunch, beach or activity, gym, dinner, then go exploring in town. I went to Turkey recently and it was pretty good. Not the same standard as Sharm though. Cuba was also v good.

Brekkie, sun bathing, pool, lunch, sun bathing, pool, back to room for a nap, dinner, drinks and bed!

You are far too active! 

Â