General Chat

Stevo985

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got 16 people on my ignore list and none of them post in Off Topic really.   It sometimes makes On Topic hard to follow when you can't read half of it so I end up reading the posts anyway and get wound up.  All a bit pointless really.

Anyway I was watching the news earlier and they had a bit about flossing being bad for your teeth.  Does anyone actually floss their teeth?  My dentist in all my time has never told me to do it, so I never have, but Americans all seem to do it on telly.

My dentists nags me about flossing every. single. time. He's obsessed with it. 

I just save up all the shit between my teeth so the dentist has to scrape it all out with his thing.  If I'm paying 18 quid, then I might as well get my money's worth with the cleaning.  One time he didn't polish them and I wanted to jaw volley him.

I've contemplated putting numerous people onto the ignore list, and even had the 'finger on the trigger' a few times, but I've always returned from the brink. One of two thoughts always makes me go against it. Either I think 'so-and-so is a really high traffic poster, so even if I ignore him I'll read what he wrote whenever people quote him or if that isn't how it works then conversations will be hard to follow' or I think 'now this idiot can see everything I do but I can't keep an eye on him', which makes me feel at a disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

only one on my ignore list

Yep same here. It actually annoyed me to do it at the time but luckily he stopped posting here not long after so yeah...result :D

Edited by Designer1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

only one on my ignore list, the guy's a prize arse

unlike my good self

Testing

oh no need it can't be me as you said the guy was an arse :)

I was over your neck of the woods today actually Tony. By your neck of the woods, I mean england.

We went to Paignton Zoo as a sort of retro birthday treat. As it happens, they had a 'baby' giraffe, a couple of new lion cubs and some shiny new monkey babies. A 5 minute shower just after lunch cleared the crowds and we almost had the place to ourselves by 4:00pm. Got a bunch of photos that look like we had the mother of all safari's!

Warning Rant Alert

So we are moving to Windsor for a year because of my wife’s job.  We found a flat over a month ago to move into.  We are meant to be moving into tomorrow. The estate agent mentioned that the landlord wanted to meet us before we moved in. I said fine and we pencilled in the 30th July to meet. The week before the agent contacts me to confirm a time and I informed him that I couldn’t do it and asked if we could do the weekend after. He said sure and that he would come back to me once he spoke to the landlord. Anyways I don’t hear back from him and last Friday I e-mailed him to ask what was going on – no response. I get a call on Saturday saying the landlord is at the flat waiting to meet you. I explained that I hadn’t been told a date or time to meet her so I couldn’t get to Windsor at the last minute. Considering I live on the other side of London.  

Anyways I get a call today from the agent saying the landlord wasn’t happy that we didn’t turn up on Saturday and that she wants to meet before we move in. I.e. we can’t move in tomorrow and they have to move the date back to the upcoming weekend.  Annoying but doable. I ask the agent if she is willing to meet today as she works in London. This means we can move in tomorrow. The agent rings my wife and informs her that the landlord now wants 6 months rent up front!

On Friday I had signed the contract and paid the monies. Apparently she has not signed the contract and not willing to until we pay 6 months up front. Even though she asked the agent to draft the contract on the basis of 6 weeks deposit, one month up front and monthly payments.  

I am absolutely screwing. The agent has said to the landlord that they will guarantee our rent for up to 6 months as they are pretty flabbergasted too.

22 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Warning Rant Alert

This woman sounds like an absolute nightmare, and if she's this bad already, imagine what a tool she's going to be once she's got you locked in to a contract, if anything goes wrong.

Easier said than done but if it was me I'd back out, get the money back, try to find another place ASAP and just commute/stay in a cheap hotel until it's sorted.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This woman sounds like an absolute nightmare, and if she's this bad already, imagine what a tool she's going to be once she's got you locked in to a contract, if anything goes wrong.

Easier said than done but if it was me I'd back out, get the money back, try to find another place ASAP and just commute/stay in a cheap hotel until it's sorted.

That was my thinking too. Luckily we are with my wife's parents waiting to move in tomorrow. We could stay there for a bit whilst we look elsewhere. It's just the hassle factor and the fact we found the perfect place in terms of the actual place and proximity to the train station.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I'm on my 'olidies in Lanzarote, all inclusive 5 star, 30 degrees. All good.

Wife and daughter having a kip, my boy wanted to spend an hour in the kids club (honestly) so I'm having couple of cheeky pints by the pool with my sun glasses set to stealth mode.

Hope your guys are also having a good Monday :lol:

I'm off on my first all-inclusive holiday in September. I don't think my body is ready.

• Like 1

Â