General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Music should not be categorised by skin colour. Region may make more sense. Your geographic location has more effect on how you are shaped than your colour. Reggae is Caribbean more than it is black.

Well as it goes, Reggae (and it precursors like Ska, Blue Beat, Rocksteady etc) has it's roots in American R&B, Gospal and Jazz, as well as traditional Caribbean music like Mento and Calypso. The islands would pick up American radio station at night, which led to imported records being played at local dances, which led to the chance to make money, and a need for new and exclusive music, which led to locals starting  to make their own versions of American music, which evolved with a West Indies twist. As such you can pretty much trace it back to the Blues, and going back further Africa.   

Anyone got experience with bad landlords?

basically in the 2 years we've rented this property the boiler has broke 3 times, on two occasions this has led to us having no hot water for a week or more and the other time it broke every time we run the tap the radiators came an, this was put down to us not knowing how to operate the boiler by the landlord, and was only put right when my mate who is a plumber told me the diverter valve was ****, this took 2 months to fix

now the bath is leaking, it's nothing to do with the pipe work, just the shower door has a broken seal and water is pissing out and under the floor, so now we have a wet ceiling in the living room, the landlord was told about this on November the 11th, and has been told every 2 weeks about this, yet they've shown no interest in fixing it

i don't plan on being here past match/April but I don't want any comebacks regarding the issues we've had, if I keep a record of all of our correspondence with the landlord will that be enough or should I report the now?

Edited by Jimzk5

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Last day in my job today.  I wasn't sad at all as I walked out.  First time that's happened to me.  I usually feel something, but this time I just didn't have that pull.  It's so obviously the right decision.

I've chosen 5 months into parenthood to be unemployed for the first time, and 4600 miles from home too.  We've got a month left here before we ship ourselves and our possessions back.  First stop will be Kidderminster with the parents whilst we wait for the furniture to arrive, then we'll head back up to Cheshire.

I think I'm going to start my own business.  I've got an idea that revolves around consultancy work that I think might be able to make me some money.  I've been really fortunate in having some incredible jobs over the last 15 years.  But I've always found a job I like the look of and then built a life around that, making compromises where necessary.  This time I'm going to build out the life I want and then figure out how to pay for it.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, and let me know if you're in the Kidderminster area in March and fancy a pint.

Sorry to hear it never worked out. It was Canada you moved to wasn't it?

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Do you get bad hangovers if you mix the diff types like golden pale e.t.c

Going out on the piss and don't fancy feeling like shit tomorrow

All depends on how much you drink, and your usual constitution. I've been to beer festivals in the past, and drank all different kinds of ales, as well as drinking the same ale all night. I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in the severity of the hangover. I'd say you'll probably feel better than if you drank lager all night. Without getting too graphic, I would say one of the bad things about drinking real ale, is you do tend to visit the toilet a few times the next day.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think the anger on this site could power a medium-sized generator for a week. 

The anger doesn't bother me tbh when it's genuine as I think it's understandable in most cases.

It's the disingenuous spouting of revisionist bollocks and using the clubs crisis to push personal agendas that I find distasteful.

• Like 4

When I get annoyed about what is going on, on and off the pitch at Villa, I take a step back, remind myself its not that important in the grand scheme of things, its just a game and if the club went under, I'd get over it pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

When things are going well for the club and catch myself feeling happy. I tell myself that the club aren't an extension of my ego but a thing apart and I can't let something seperate like that dictate my emotions. Win or lose, I'm a loser.

Â