General Chat

Stevo985

When things are going well for the club and catch myself feeling happy. I tell myself that the club aren't an extension of my ego but a thing apart and I can't let something seperate like that dictate my emotions. Win or lose, I'm a loser.

You are a tortured genius.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:
8 hours ago, useless said:

When things are going well for the club and catch myself feeling happy. I tell myself that the club aren't an extension of my ego but a thing apart and I can't let something seperate like that dictate my emotions. Win or lose, I'm a loser.

You are a tortured genius.

Good joke vip, I'm no genius.

Edited by useless

I don't normally drink tea, but I've got a really powerful cold. So am trying some 'Yorkshire Gold Tea' which I've heard so many rave reviews about, it tastes exactly the same as any other tea i've tried, I'm disappointed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

I don't normally drink tea, but I've got a really powerful cold. So am trying some 'Yorkshire Gold Tea' which I've heard so many rave reviews about, it tastes exactly the same as any other tea i've tried, I'm disappointed.

The power of anecdote and personal experience strikes again :)

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

anyone cancelling their sky sports next season when we are relegated shortly? I definitely am save yourself £120 a year

Hahahahahaha!

I've never pandered to SkyScumSport, **** 'em. Never had it and never will.

Now...I can still watch Villa on the Firestick with PLP, great quality. Unfortunately almost every game this season has been a big bag of shit. I really only got the stick for NFL, which is finished after Sunday. A bit like Villa.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

Most tea does taste similar. I switched to Earl grey about 20 years ago, don't drink anything else now. Twinings DOES taste superior to other brands with EG though.

7 hours ago, useless said:

If you have 'a really heavy cold', you probably couldn't taste the difference between tea and gravy. Try it again when the cold's gone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

If this is another one your 'psychological biases' references, then I'm afraid it's gone over my head.

You shouldn't believe everything you "hear".

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Most tea does taste similar. I switched to Earl grey about 20 years ago, don't drink anything else now. Twinings DOES taste superior to other brands with EG though.

I'll have to try some earl grey then (if it's not too expensive). I don't normally drink tea so don't have much of palette for the stuff, maybe that, great expectations, and the fact that I have a cold affected my judgement of the Yorkshire Gold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I'll have to try some earl grey then (if it's not too expensive). I don't normally drink tea so don't have much of palette for the stuff, maybe that, great expectations, and the fact that I have a cold affected my judgement of the Yorkshire Gold.

it's tea not a diamond encrusted gold bar

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xann said:

Leave a little Fairy liquid in your cup before making your next Yorkshire Gold.

Hey presto - Earl Grey!

Philistine!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I remind myself that, one day, these might be the good old days.

That's a terrifying thought, and one that has gone through my mind.  That's how bad I think this chairman and general situation could be.  We could be the giants of League One in 5 years, fondly remembering being 2-0 up against eventual League Champions Leicester City until Tim Sherwood happened :)

Â