General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, BOF said:

That's a terrifying thought, and one that has gone through my mind.  That's how bad I think this chairman and general situation could be.  We could be the giants of League One in 5 years, fondly remembering being 2-0 up against eventual League Champions Leicester City until Tim Sherwood happened :)

Without wishing to bring football in to general chat, I do believe that our dear leader is so utterly incompetent that he would rather leave something to rot to nothing than sell it for less than he considers it to have once been worth. 

I bet he has a lock up somewhere with an old MG or Beetle in it. He wants to sell it for £15k and no offers, because that's how much it was valued at when he had it resprayed back in '98.

It's mostly just rust and a rats nest now, but look at these pictures of when it was shiny!

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Darjeeling is the Champagne of tea.

Though it requires a bit more patience, needs more time to infuse.

I've been to Darjeeling and also to a tea planation there  ... enjoy your tea knowing that it is a product of slave labour :) 

Amusingly I bought some tea there only to find it around a quarter of the price in Tesco when I got home  , there are different grades of course so I convince myself the stuff I bought MrsH was an ultra superior one and I didn't get fleeced

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I've been to Darjeeling and also to a tea planation there  ... enjoy your tea knowing that it is a product of slave labour :)

It's Luaka at home when I can get it.

Just prefer Darjeeling to Earl Grey, which I think is vile.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Xann said:

It's Luaka at home when I can get it.

Just prefer Darjeeling to Earl Grey, which I think is vile.

Luaka as in from Dimbula in Sri Lanka ... Been to that plantation as well ,they use  child slave labour rather than your generic slave labour  

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Luaka as in from Dimbula in Sri Lanka ... Been to that plantation as well ,they use  child slave labour rather than your generic slave labour  

A couple of my friends Winter in Sri Lanka.They drink it.

I'll have a word.

6 hours ago, limpid said:

You shouldn't believe everything you "hear".

He didn't believe it or disbelieve it. He tested the hypothesis, and came up with different results. However, due to the cold, conditions were not identical, so no firm conclusions can be drawn. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xann said:

A couple of my friends Winter in Sri Lanka.They drink it.

I'll have a word.

tbf I made that child line up   , I have been there though so that part was true ...

Ribbing apart though the plantations from what I saw were like a modern day serfdom in a way , very low wages for a back breaking day ... I know some companies have addressed this but it probably still has a way to go  ....

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He didn't believe it or disbelieve it. He tested the hypothesis, and came up with different results. However, due to the cold, conditions were not identical, so no firm conclusions can be drawn. 

I wonder whether the apparent flagrant lack of regard for "ISO 3103:1980  Tea -- Preparation of liquor for use in sensory tests" standard for conducting such tests may have tainted the result and invalidated the experiment.

The method consists in extracting of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, containing in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the liquor with or without milk or both.

Any drink that consists of arsing around with a little bag is for poofs, I wholeheartedly agree with Chrisp.

When someone's at my house and I ask them if they want a drink, if they reply with "I'll have a quick cuppa (tea)" - then I cry, because there is nothing **** quick about making or drinking tea, ITS LITERALLY THE SLOWEST DRINK YOU CAN HAVE YOU UTTER MONGS.

You'll have a small glass of council pop and **** off.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Â