General Chat

Stevo985

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

Oh joy! Might have to book an appointment with CAB re: a restraining order.

Personally I'd make it a police matter. There is no question that what you are describing is threatening behaviour.

• Like 2

Called Sky couple of weeks back to ask for a new Sky Box as the HDMI has packed up on mine (I'm watching through a pound shop scart lead :-o). Anyway, they said no, unless I signed up to another contract at full price... I told them where to go and cancelled.

Got a call last night, offering a 50% discount to rejoin. Told them I needed a box, so offered 50% and a new box. Said I wasn't sure so they chucked a £20 credit on the account too. No bad.
Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:
Called Sky couple of weeks back to ask for a new Sky Box as the HDMI has packed up on mine (I'm watching through a pound shop scart lead :-o). Anyway, they said no, unless I signed up to another contract at full price... I told them where to go and cancelled.

Got a call last night, offering a 50% discount to rejoin. Told them I needed a box, so offered 50% and a new box. Said I wasn't sure so they chucked a £20 credit on the account too. No bad.

They are launching Sky Q boxes early next year so they probably want to offload the Sky + Boxes and then try and hook people into the new system 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

They are launching Sky Q boxes early next year so they probably want to offload the Sky + Boxes and then try and hook people into the new system

Yes, I heard there was a new box coming but not sure what the new tech was?

I know a lot of people don't like sky but I have to say, I can't live without Sky+ any more... and the kids watch the childrens and music channels all the time plus all the backed up stuff on the hard drive. I'm getting all the channels apart from sports/movies plus all the on demand boxsets etc for £16 a month.

Quick Mooney and the Sky Q boxes are basically having 4K support. Some other functions like able to watch/record more things at the same time and also the box acts as a wifi signal booster. I think I can live without it for a while.

Edited by Genie

On 17/11/2015, 13:12:35, mjmooney said:

????

A fish apple can occur when you store an apple next to (say) mackerel sandwiches in (say) a butty box.

when you chomp on the apple, it tastes a bit fishy. This is not a good thing. Helpfully, a respberry yoghurt will remove all traces of the unpleasant fishapple flavour from the affected pie-hole.

That happened to me yesterday. I thought I'd do general chat about it, to warn others.

Just come back from a couple of days in London. I'm not a regular visitor to our capital and as such I forget how great it is. What a wonderful city, always so much going on.

I always wonder whether I should have moved there in my 20's. 

On 17/11/2015, 13:12:35, mjmooney said:

????

A fish apple can occur when you store an apple next to (say) mackerel sandwiches in (say) a butty box.

when you chomp on the apple, it tastes a bit fishy. This is not a good thing. Helpfully, a respberry yoghurt will remove all traces of the unpleasant fishapple flavour from the affected pie-hole.

That happened to me yesterday. I thought I'd do general chat about it, to warn others.

Interestingly, my missus once put my headphone in a bag with some fish (don't ask, she's an idiot sometimes) and I developed an curious case of fishphones, which are actually worse than you'd imagine.

• Like 3

Â