General Chat

Stevo985

I feel like shouting out for the Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad for some reason. Dropping in Fat Freddies Drop and also the Easy Star All Stars nonchalantly into the conversation, ending on suggesting checking out Salmonella Dub and then buggering off back to some music thread or other.

Can anyone recommend a sofa store in the WMs area? We need two sofas and have a budget of around £1k for both together. Been in DFS and found one we liked but I've heard bad things about them and I got the feeling I was being conned when speaking to them (is £55 delivery + installation a realistic charge?)

When I moved into my first flat 8 years ago, I had zero furniture. I ended up buying a load of stuff from Argos, cheaply, as a short term measure. I still have the 2 sofas (think they were £600 in total - it was buy one 3 seater, get the 2 seater free). They won't win any design awards but they are comfortable, 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Can anyone recommend a sofa store in the WMs area? We need two sofas and have a budget of around £1k for both together. Been in DFS and found one we liked but I've heard bad things about them and I got the feeling I was being conned when speaking to them (is £55 delivery + installation a realistic charge?)

I've bought twice from DFS and they seem ok as long as you manage to say no to all the extras. I don't remember being charged for delivery though.

Can't argue with no interest over 4 years really.

We got dfs sofas, nothing wrong with them at all, one of the kids ripped one of the corners, they sent out a repair man who fixed it free of charge and gave us some of those no mark legs (on wooden floors) for our other sofa in the sun room.

IDK

41 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Stalker has been given an official warning to stay away from me. His first reaction is to make a tweet about a waste of police resources. Unfortunately I fear this will just make him even angrier.

Its a bizarre situation. Did you say he is in his 40's? Mental behaviour! 

On a completely different topic, how much do you guys put in to a pension as a percentage of your wages?

It's something I've never thought about at all, I have that automatic enrollment one set up, but it's only 1%, which I've been informed will lead to not being able to afford to turn the heating on when  I'm retired. I've seen some people recommending putting aside half your age as a percentage of your net wage, but that seems a bit high...

How much does your employer put as standard? Do they match contributions?

My employers puts 10% in as standard and then matches what I put in extra - I put 3% in so they put 3% in. Overall I've 16% going in at present

I need to increase my contribution as they will match up to 8% extra but at the moment I'm putting another £400pm into a SAYE scheme

The ****, they put in 10% without you paying anything? Mine put in precisely 0% as standard, and match up to 3%.

My new place match at 1:1.5, up to 6%, so if I put in 6% they put in 9, which seems reasonable, it sounds like I might need to chuck some extra in to make up for lost time.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

On a completely different topic, how much do you guys put in to a pension as a percentage of your wages?

It's something I've never thought about at all, I have that automatic enrollment one set up, but it's only 1%, which I've been informed will lead to not being able to afford to turn the heating on when  I'm retired. I've seen some people recommending putting aside half your age as a percentage of your net wage, but that seems a bit high...

3% which they match, they will match anything up to 5%

Â